WISE: Possible Link Issues or User Error

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
JeffreyAllenPrice

Post by JeffreyAllenPrice »

I have a High Councilor (over Seminary and Institute) and he is hearing reports of instructors in our stake unable to access the church's W.I.S.E. section of it's webiste. I've tried to access the system and have been unable to enter. Is W.I.S.E. just for Institute instructors (I believe they are not having trouble accessing W.I.S.E.)? Or is it generally accessible by Seminary and Institute instructors? Or should everyone have access to it? From what I gather it is just for Institute instructors. The seminary instructors get the eternal sign-in loop when trying to access W.I.S.E.

Can someone point me to a document/link which I can read up more about W.I.S.E.?

I've double checked that all of the MLS links are real MLS links and not custom links. So if Seminary instructors should be able to access this is not the issue. I appreciate your help. I apologize if my entry does not make sense (I'm ready to go to bed).
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: WISE: Possible Link Issues or User Error

Post by lajackson »

Our stake Seminary and Institute instructors all have access to the WISE system. To get it, the CES Supervisor had to do something to manually give it to them. They were not able to access it until CES turned them on. He asked for two pieces of information, one being their LDS Account Sign In name (just the sign in, not the password). He came back and asked for something else, too. I do not remember what.

Other than that, I am not aware of exactly how it works.
pete.arnett

Post by pete.arnett »

Working on an issue for a teacher using a MAC that will not work with WISE
Note: I am not an official S&I teacher
Trying to login to WISE (https://wise.ldschurch.org) and get the following message on Chrome and FireFox, IE 9 never returns
"This webpage has a redirect loop
The webpage at https://wise.ldschurch.org/Program.aspx has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer."

Get a similar type of message when using an Apple iPad 4 with Safari
pete.arnett

Re: WISE: Possible Link Issues or User Error

Post by pete.arnett »

The resolution is to use FireFox or Chrome browsers on a MAC

Return to “Other Member Technologies”