LDS.ORG->Directory->Missionary->Serving Missionaries

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
roycea5

LDS.ORG->Directory->Missionary->Serving Missionaries

Post by roycea5 »

LDS.ORG->Directory->Missionary->Serving Missionaries is not showing all missionaries serving from ward. Link to call for incorrect entry is main MIssionary line and they can't help. Please advise on fix?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: LDS.ORG->Directory->Missionary->Serving Missionaries

Post by aebrown »

roycea5 wrote:Link to call for incorrect entry is main MIssionary line and they can't help.
When you say "main Missionary line" do you mean that you were connected to the Missionary Department? And what did they say that led you to think they can't help?

The data for serving missionaries does come from data that the Missionary Department is responsible for maintaining. So you might have to be persistent, but I really think the Missionary Department is the right place to go.
roycea5

Post by roycea5 »

Go to the directory on the website and click on missionary the little box will come up that shows you the 8012402222 that is the main operator for the missionary department.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

roycea5 wrote:Go to the directory on the website and click on missionary the little box will come up that shows you the 8012402222 that is the main operator for the missionary department.
Okay, I'm already aware of the number for the missionary department. The more important question I asked was: "And what did they say that led you to think they can't help?"
roycea5

Post by roycea5 »

They believe they don't handle updating the web site, so they transferred me around, a lady tried to find an answer but said it would be a MLS issue and transferred me to the global support number, then to MLS, who said only tech.wiki can fix lds.org information and issues.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

roycea5 wrote:LDS.ORG->Directory->Missionary->Serving Missionaries is not showing all missionaries serving from ward. Link to call for incorrect entry is main MIssionary line and they can't help. Please advise on fix?
I find the verbiage on that "help" interesting. Are you the clerk of your ward? If so, would you know if your ward is the one financially supporting the missionary? The reason I ask is that the verbiage of the help text makes me think that the information is being pulled from the same database as the one for financial support.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
roycea5

Post by roycea5 »

I am the clerk, and our ward is financially sponsoring, since I see withdrawals for the missionary. It has been enough months now that it should have updated, since the missionary came from a singles ward back to the home ward. I would agree that it may come from the financial database. I guess I can give them a call back to verify they show our ward as the financial responsible unit.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

roycea5 wrote:I guess I can give them a call back to verify they show our ward as the financial responsible unit.
It sure sounds like you are. But you might want to "open" with that question so you can get to someone who knows what's going on. Then you can ask them about the "Serving from" on the directory.

I'm wondering if they can support "serving from" two wards or if you'll end up bumping off the YSA ward. Might want to check that first and think about which would be better to leave on.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
wertdl
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by wertdl »

There is a "Home Unit", which drives the "Serving Missionaries" section of the LDS.org Directory, and a "Funding Unit", which funds the missionary. They are normally the same, but not always.

Roycea5 - I work in the Missionary Department. I will send you a private message to get more information about this problem.

Thanks everyone!

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”