Missing "Come Follow Me" from Class Setup

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
ryanl77

Missing "Come Follow Me" from Class Setup

Post by ryanl77 »

When I opened the Lesson Schedule this evening, all of my Sunday School Classes are not being displayed. (see attachment LessonSchedules_ListMissing Classes.tif). I recall seeing them there this morning.

When I enter Administrator mode and select one of the classes (youth), the "Manual and Lesson Material" drop down box no longer includes the "Come Follow Me" curriculum. (see attachment MissingComeFollowMe.tif)

I suspect that the Sunday School classes for the youth are not showing on the Lesson Schedule list due to not being linked to a manual/lesson material. I don't however, understand why my Gospel Doctrine class is not included in the classes list. I bring this up hoping it is related to the issue of the "Come Follow Me" selection missing.

I hope the forum is the appropriate place for submitting what I think is a bug in the system. I didn't see any other links to email support.
Attachments
LessonSchedules_ListMissing Classes.tif
Even though Sunday School Classes are selected, they are not displayed.
(1.39 MiB) Downloaded 153 times
MissingComeFollowMe.tif
The "Come Follow Me" youth course is missing
(1.05 MiB) Downloaded 153 times
mevans

Re: Missing "Come Follow Me" from Class Setup

Post by mevans »

I don't know why you don't see the selected classes, other than the class may not be set up for "all year".

On your second screen shot, you need to choose the radio buttons for "Sunday School 14-18" or "Sunday School 12-13" to see the youth outlines.
ryanl77

Post by ryanl77 »

Thanks for the additional insight for me to check.

Sorry about the inconsistent screenshot (#2). I have made a new screenshot showing a youth course selected and the Come Follow Me not availabe. I've verified that the Class Duration is set for All Year.

This was previously functioning just fine; I haven't changed any settings and it is now not functioning.

Is anyone aware of recent changes/upgrades that might be indirectly affecting the Lesson Schedules functionality?
Attachments
ScreenShotof14-18Selected_ComeFollowMeNotDisplayed.tif
Come Follow Me still does not appear with a youth class selected
(1017.73 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

This latest image, ScreenShotof14-18Selected_ComeFollowMeNotDisplayed.tif, you posted looks a bit different from the page I get and from your previous image, MissingComeFollowMe.tif. It looks like a new beta rather than the production page. In that latest image there are more configuration options.

Normally when one of the two youth Sunday School groups are selected the only option in the Manual and Lesson Material list is "Come Follow Me, Learning Outlines". I am guessing that because of the page differences that for some reason you are getting the beta instead of the current production of Lesson Schedules and that is affecting your lesson material selection.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
mevans

Post by mevans »

Something is inconsistent on your screen. The "All Year" radio button is selected, but you're getting the information as if you had selected the "Other" radio button.

I suspect your class doesn't show because you don't have a "Beginning Date".

Assuming you're using the production version (and not a beta as jdlessley suggested), I think your best bet is to start over and create a new class. Just call it Test Class. See if it works properly. Your current class might be really messed up. Even if you change some options on a class once it's been created, you can't seem to reset everything unless you start over.

The beta is at lds.org/rclesson. Production is at lds.org/lesson.
ryanl77

Post by ryanl77 »

Arg. I find the browser wars aggravating. Check out the latest screen shot, with Chrome compared to IE8. I prefer IE8, can't stand IE9, and only installed Chrome because some webpages don't like IE8. Then again, there are several websites that I use that don't like Chrome.

Resolution: Try a different browser before starting a new thread.........

Thank you for all the comments.

Ryan
Attachments
Browser Problem (grr).tif
Comparision of Browsers - Chrome to IE8
(1.03 MiB) Downloaded 90 times

Return to “Lesson Schedules”