Email/Text Reminders

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
lncstoddart

Email/Text Reminders

Post by lncstoddart »

What you have done so far is great. Can I suggest an enhancement? It would be real nice to have a section when you create an event that would allow you to select individuals from the ward directory. This would be handy for assignments such as temple cleaning, etc. By doing so, an automatic email could be sent as a reminder 2-3 days before the event if they have an email on file.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

This was a feature (reminder emails) that has been removed for now. See these threads for more details.
https://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.p ... tion-issue
https://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.p ... der-e-mail
jrispoli

Re: Email/Text Reminders

Post by jrispoli »

Has the church developed a way to send out text/email reminders to select ward members in a particular group (ie cleaning of the building, or cleaning of the temple, etc?) I'm the ward website administrator for my ward, and the bishopric keeps asking for this feature...not sure what to tell them. Thanks! Jenn
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jrispoli wrote:Has the church developed a way to send out text/email reminders to select ward members in a particular group (ie cleaning of the building, or cleaning of the temple, etc?) I'm the ward website administrator for my ward, and the bishopric keeps asking for this feature...not sure what to tell them.1
There is no such feature related to the calendar. Notifications are sent to all subscribers to the calendar (who have notifications enabled) when the calendar editor/administrator chooses to send out a notification. There is no way to specify other groups of people to receive calendar notifications.

So for your particular request, you'll just have to use regular email systems (or a leader could use the Send a Message feature under Leader Resources). Since the notification groups would be changing very frequently for the situations you are talking about, I don't know that a built-in feature would be significantly easier than using regular email.
grover.parham

Post by grover.parham »

Are there any plans to add a text option to notifications? As more of our members are using text messages to communicate they seem to be reading their email at a less frequent rate (sometimes weekly, sometimes only when we happen to inform them that they have an email from the ward). Having the option to send email and/or text messages would greatly improve our efficiency in communicating calendar events.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

No plans right now to send notifications via text. However, we know that it will make more sense in the future for notifications from Church apps to go by text. Privacy concerns is important and user costs for receiving texts. We are trying to establish a phone number strategy that will including opting in to receive text notifications from church apps.

Return to “Calendar”