Tithing Settlement Tax Statements

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
tylerchristensen

Tithing Settlement Tax Statements

Post by tylerchristensen »

I am trying to print the official tax donation statements for 2012 but when I go to print them, there are no donors to select for 2012. Any idea what is going on here?

What is the best way to call Local Unit Support?

Thanks,

Tyler Christensen
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Tithing Settlement Tax Statements

Post by jdlessley »

Can you tell us step by step what you are doing?
Here are the steps I use:
  • Click Finance > Tithing Settlement.
  • Click "Donor Statements in the "Print Reports" pane.
  • Select "2012" for "Fiscal Year".
  • Select one of the tax statements in "Type of Report" selection list. I usually select "Official Tax Statement (United States - Letterhead) for the report type.
  • Select "All" in the "Show Donors" selection list.
The records displayed should be the list of all donors for 2012. I then sort the list for member/nonmember/out-of-unit by clicking the "type" column title.

If after following those steps there are no donors displayed then there is a database problem. Contact LUS at 1-800-453-3860, extension 23500 or 801-240-3500 for units in the Salt Lake area.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
tylerchristensen

Post by tylerchristensen »

Those steps are exactly what we were doing. There must be a database problem. As soon as I change the fiscal year to 2012 from 2013, all the donors disappear.

I will contact LUS on Monday.

Thanks for your reply.

Tyler Christensen
gregwanderson

Post by gregwanderson »

I prefer to stay out of the Tithing Settlement section when I'm not doing anything directly related to Tithing Settlement. So the more direct way I get to donor tax statements is:

Finance > Finance Reports > Donor Statements.

It should take you to the same place as the other instructions but you avoid the sometimes-confusing "Tithing Settlement" section. In that section you might stumble into "Print Individual Statements" which is only going to give you Tithing Settlement statements and not the other statements you need throughout the other 10-and-a-half months of the year.

That said, if you're not seeing donors in the non-Tithing Settlement "Reports" section then I'm not familiar with your problem.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

There was another finance section anomaly reported in the Previous year budget missing thread from an MLS database update sometime over the last week that may have caused both issues. I didn't check our unit MLS to see if we are not also missing our 2012 donors donations. I will later this week and report back. I am expecting to see the same issue.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
shirley235

Post by shirley235 »

I need a statement for 2015 for taxes. I don't know how to get it. Please help me.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

shirley235 wrote:I need a statement for 2015 for taxes. I don't know how to get it. Please help me.
If you have access to online Donations, you can get the statement there. Otherwise, your ward clerk can print out a statement for you.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”