Can't see the members of my own Ward

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
cduehring

Can't see the members of my own Ward

Post by cduehring »

Tech Gurus..
I can see all the members of my stake, in each ward, EXCEPT for everyone in my own ward... My own ward shows nothing..no people, callings, calendar, nada. Help!
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

Are you accessing your information via a web browser or a mobile device? What browser are you using (and what operating system)? If you log out, close the browser, then restart the browser and log in again, do you still get the same problem? Let us know. Thanks.
QA Engineer
she_ko

Re: Can't see the members of my own Ward

Post by she_ko »

hi!!

I have almost the same problem, i only can see 5 families in my directory ward, im using Android LDS tools, even on the web site only can see 5 families on the directory. Im YM prsident and i cant see anyone on my organization.

Its a permisions issue or somethin else????

I hope yo can help me.

Thanks!!!!!!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

she_ko wrote:I have almost the same problem, i only can see 5 families in my directory ward, im using Android LDS tools, even on the web site only can see 5 families on the directory. Im YM prsident and i cant see anyone on my organization.
Certain countries have an "opt-in" privacy policy, where every household is not visible by default. Each head of household has to make the explicit decision to make their household visible to other members of the ward or stake.

My guess is that you live in one of those countries, and that only 5 households in your ward have chosen to make their households visible at this point. If that's correct, your only solution is to encourage your ward members to opt in. That might be a good topic to discuss in your ward council.
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

Strange enough, I can't see through lds.org but through LDStools!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

marianomarini wrote:Strange enough, I can't see through lds.org but through LDStools!
That's interesting. Without knowing your calling, I can't say whether LDS.org or LDS Tools is working correctly. But they both should be honoring the visibility settings for the member households according to the rules for your calling, and so you should be seeing the same households both places.
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

Exacly what I think.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”