One more Enhancement Request

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
smconvey

One more Enhancement Request

Post by smconvey »

At the main view of the calendar, the subscribed calendars box (see attache screenshot) contains subscribed calendars listed alphabetically - with ward calendars listed first and stake calendars listed second (thanks for grouping them by type - very helpful).

However, if we don't start each Stake calendar with the word "Stake" it can be difficult to know if I'm looking at a Stake calendar or a ward calendar. However, by starting each stake calendar with the word "Stake", some of the calendar name scrolls off the screen. I have to hover my mouse pointer over the name to see the full name. This tends to force us administrators to overly abbreviate calendar names.

Here is my suggestion: In front of each calendar type place and icon. For example, in front of each stake calendar, place an icon of a capital "S" with a circle around it. In front of each ward calendar, place an icon of a capital "W" with a circle around it. Any easily recognizable icon could be used to differentiate between stake and ward calendars. By doing this, more of the actual name of each calendar will be displayed because the use of the word "Stake" or "Ward" would become unnecessary.
Attachments
Screenshot.png
Screenshot.png (19.67 KiB) Viewed 538 times
Last edited by smconvey on Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: One more Enhancement Request

Post by russellhltn »

While that would certainly work well for the web-page calendar, such a feature would needed to be added to the LDS Tools for the same functionality in it's setup window.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
smconvey

Re: One more Enhancement Request

Post by smconvey »

russellhltn wrote:While that would certainly work well for the web-page calendar, such a feature would needed to be added to the LDS Tools for the same functionality in it's setup window.
There is even less space in the mobile platforms and hence more potential benefit from this enhancement.

Return to “Calendar”