Bank Deposit Slips

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
kland-p40

Bank Deposit Slips

Post by kland-p40 »

Can someone tell me how to order new bank deposit slips?

Kent
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Call Church HQ and ask for some. They will be mailed to your Bishop in about 7-10 days.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kland-p40

Post by kland-p40 »

Thanks! I will do it.
japlaca-p40

Post by japlaca-p40 »

Do you know what I need to do if we dont have any deposit slips left for a Sunday Deposit?
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Welcome to the forum! A very good question indeed.

I actually ran into this situation once. After receiving permission from the stake leaders, the deposit bag was sealed (without the slips) and the Bishop kept it with him until Monday morning, where he took one of his counselors with him to the bank and made the deposit in person. He used a generic deposit slip from the bank office and they didn't leave until the bags were opened and the funds verified against the MLS printout. A copy of the deposit slip was then given to the finance clerk for the files.

Not a good situation to put yourself in. :( While at the bank, the Bishop picked up a few more generic slips to have just in case the slips on order didn't arrive in time for the following Sunday's batch.

For lack of a written procedure, this was the best we could come up with on the fly. Thinking back, I'm not sure of anything we could have done differently to protect the integrity of all involved.

Good luck,
Mike
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

japlaca wrote:Do you know what I need to do if we don't have any deposit slips left for a Sunday Deposit?

Mikerowaved's answer is a good one if you have a local bank account. However, many units (particularly in Utah, but in many other areas as well) do not have local bank accounts, but rather use Deposit Concentration.

In this situation, I would make a slight addition to the instructions: take to the bank a copy of the yellow carbon of the deposit slip that you have filed with a previous week's deposit. That will have all the special account numbers needed for the bank to make sure the funds are deposited correctly in the Deposit Concentration account. Make sure the bank shows you how to fill out a generic deposit slip in this situation so that you will know what to do until new deposit slips arrive.

In either case, of course, order new deposit slips right away and make sure there is a reorder reminder in the new set of slips that will show up long before you use the last one of the new batch.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”