Gospel Principles Class

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
Mac-p40

Gospel Principles Class

Post by Mac-p40 »

I would like to suggest that information for the SS Gospel Principles class be added to MLS. Currently, there is nothing in MLS that pertains to the SS Gospel Principles class.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What kind of information?
Mac-p40

Post by Mac-p40 »

RussellHltn wrote:What kind of information?
The Gospel Principle class isn't listed in MLS. Consequently, there's no way to assign members to this class or print a corresponding attendance sheet. To answer your question: I would like the same information that is available for all the rest of SS classes listed in MLS for the Gospel Principles class (I think the information for all the SS classes listed in MLS is uniform). To do that, however, a Gospel Principles class option will have to be made available in MLS.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Adding a Sunday School class

Post by aebrown »

Mac wrote:The Gospel Principle class isn't listed in MLS. Consequently, there's no way to assign members to this class or print a corresponding attendance sheet. To answer your question: I would like the same information that is available for all the rest of SS classes listed in MLS for the Gospel Principles class (I think the information for all the SS classes listed in MLS is uniform). To do that, however, a Gospel Principles class option will have to be made available in MLS.

Even though Gospel Principles is not a default class in MLS, it's easy to add the class. It will then function exactly like any other SS class. Just do the following:
  1. In MLS, go to the Organizations screen.
  2. Click on Sunday School (under Bishopric/Other Callings)
  3. In the Classes section, click on Add Class (upper right corner of that section)
  4. Enter the name for the Class, and an optional room number (leave the membership rules blank)
  5. Click Next
  6. Select the members for the class
  7. Click Next, then confirm for each member what classes they are removed from.
  8. Review the summary
  9. Close and Save
Now when you go to print Rolls and Lists, you will see the new class and can print a roll as with any other class.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

As Alan indicates, it's not hard to add a class - if that's what you want to do. There's nothing wrong about printing multiple Sunday School sheets and then circulating them among the different adult classes. That allows the membership a little more freedom to attend where they feel comfortable. It all depends on what works best for everyone involved.
Mac-p40

Post by Mac-p40 »

Alan_Brown wrote:Even though Gospel Principles is not a default class in MLS, it's easy to add the class. It will then function exactly like any other SS class. Just do the following:
  1. In MLS, go to the Organizations screen.
  2. Click on Sunday School (under Bishopric/Other Callings)
  3. In the Classes section, click on Add Class (upper right corner of that section)
  4. Enter the name for the Class, and an optional room number (leave the membership rules blank)
  5. Click Next
  6. Select the members for the class
  7. Click Next, then confirm for each member what classes they are removed from.
  8. Review the summary
  9. Close and Save
Now when you go to print Rolls and Lists, you will see the new class and can print a roll as with any other class.

Thanks, I appreciate your help. I never thought of adding the Gospel Principles class this way; since the other SS classes are pre-programed in MLS, I automatically thought that the GP class would have to be pre-programed in MLS, too. Anyway, thanks again.
Daryl1

Post by Daryl1 »

Mac,

Alan_Brown helped me with this some time ago. Go to search type in Sunday School then look for the title "MLS Organization (Sunday School) issue.

Regarding the membership rules one must enter 200 for the minimum age during year and leave minimum age at year end blank. All other options leave as default settings.

If you do not fill in 200 for minimum age during year, MLS 2.8 will at the start of the new year, automatically fill in any one age's 0-1 years old in that class. If you leave membership rules ages blank, then data will corrupt and a complete reset will be necessary for the whole Sunday School Organization at the start of a new year.

This is a bug that needs to be repaired in a future MLS edition so membership rules do not apply to these courses. Thay way members can be added and removed as necessary during the year from the data base.

Gospel Principles is not the only default class missing. :D

Family History Course
Temple Preparation Couse
Marriage & Family Relations Couse
Also missing is a place for the Materials Center which is under the direction of the Sunday School. Librarian's ect...
Mac-p40

Post by Mac-p40 »

Mr. Techno wrote:Mac,

Alan_Brown helped me with this some time ago. Go to search type in Sunday School then look for the title "MLS Organization (Sunday School) issue.

Regarding the membership rules one must enter 200 for the minimum age during year and leave minimum age at year end blank. All other options leave as default settings.

If you do not fill in 200 for minimum age during year, MLS 2.8 will at the start of the new year, automatically fill in any one age's 0-1 years old in that class. If you leave membership rules ages blank, then data will corrupt and a complete reset will be necessary for the whole Sunday School Organization at the start of a new year.

This is a bug that needs to be repaired in a future MLS edition so membership rules do not apply to these courses. Thay way members can be added and removed as necessary during the year from the data base.

Gospel Principles is not the only default class missing. :D

Family History Course
Temple Preparation Couse
Marriage & Family Relations Couse
Also missing is a place for the Materials Center which is under the direction of the Sunday School. Librarian's ect...
Thanks, Mr. Techno. I'll have to apply what you suggested in your post.

Coincidentally, I just added all the SS classes applicable to our ward last night. I suppose I'll just have to updated our SS classes as per your suggestion.

I agree, there are a lot of SS classes that aren't in MLS. The good thing is I now know how to amend that.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”