saving location colors

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
stevenglennschenk

saving location colors

Post by stevenglennschenk »

I can successfully select and change different location colors...however upon viewing different months or weeks the location colors revert back to the default color... am I missing a "save" button?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: saving location colors

Post by russellhltn »

Nope. There is none. The colors are the luck of the draw.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
stevenglennschenk

So there is no way to select different colors for different locations?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Yes, there is. There are 49 colors available from which to select. A random color is assigned to each location when locations are added. Each user, however, can select the color desired for each location for display on the calendar. This is done by clicking the black down arrow to the right of the colored location icon for the location. The color selected should not change until either you change it or the location is removed and then added back in by a stake administrator.

If you are having problems with the color changing after selecting a color, that is a bug and should be reported.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
stevenglennschenk

How do I report a bug?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:If you are having problems with the color changing after selecting a color, that is a bug and should be reported.

I had thought the colors were auto-assigned.

In testing, I see assigned color being lost if you unsubscribe from a calendar.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:I had thought the colors were auto-assigned.
Yes and no. As jdlessley accurately reported, colors are initially auto-assigned for each location, but then can be adjusted by each user.
russellhltn wrote:In testing, I see assigned color being lost if you unsubscribe from a calendar.
I don't see what that has to do with the color assigned to a location (which is the issue at hand), unless you're claiming that somehow unsubscribing from a calendar affects the color assigned to a location. That seems quite farfetched and I certainly can't duplicate that.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

stevenglennschenk wrote:How do I report a bug?
Submit feedback using the "Do You Have Feedback on This Page?" link found on the LDS.org home page or any other LDS.org page with that link. It is also possible a programmer will see this thread and add it to the JIRA. But we should not count on that.
russellhltn wrote:In testing, I see assigned color being lost if you unsubscribe from a calendar.
I can understand the color for the calendar that is unsubscribed being lost. But I don't see how that should affect a location color.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
maplemedic

Post by maplemedic »

I have the same problem as Steven. I erroneously unchecked the wards and stakes can schedule boxes for our four buildings. Everything was working fine with the building icon colors until then. When I checked the box on the building again all of the building icon colors were the same (orange). I could change them but like Steven said they reverted back when I moved to a different week, etc. I checked the building icon color on my wife's account and they are all orange. She can change them, but they go back to orange when she changes weeks, etc.

I reported this last night to SLC using the web feedback feature.
stevenglennschenk

So have you heard anything from SLC or have you found an answer to the problem?

Return to “Calendar”