Changing the Bishops Phone number visible to the public

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
cubscout01

Changing the Bishops Phone number visible to the public

Post by cubscout01 »

I am the ward membership clerk and have been asked by the Bishop to change the phone number that is visible to the public from with in the map to the public when some clicks on our meeting house.

He would like his cell phone to be displayed and not his phone number.

He would like members of the ward to still be able to access his home number from with in the ward directory.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Changing the Bishops Phone number visible to the public

Post by russellhltn »

I *think* that comes from the CDOL. If so, then he'll have to log into the CDOL and change it. It's a bit hidden, but the way I find it is to locate one's self in the CDOL, then in the top left is "Edit Assignment". From there you can edit the phone numbers.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

What your bishop wants is currently not possible. LDS Maps uses the household phone number for the information displayed. I also noticed that the household photo is displayed rather than the individual photo. That doesn't make sense to me. After all, the individual is listed so why not display the individual's photo.

Having the ability to designate either the household phone number or the personal phone number for the unit leadership display sounds like an option that should be suggested as an upgrade. You can make that suggestion by using the "Do You Have Feedback on This Page?" link on any LDS.org page with that link.

Unfortunately that does not solve what your bishop wants done now.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

russellhltn wrote:I *think* that comes from the CDOL. If so, then he'll have to log into the CDOL and change it. It's a bit hidden, but the way I find it is to locate one's self in the CDOL, then in the top left is "Edit Assignment". From there you can edit the phone numbers.
CDOL does list both home and individual phone numbers if available. But LDS Maps gets the number it uses from the home phone. There is no way to designate which number is displayed in the leader information for a unit in LDS Maps.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
kylehart

Post by kylehart »

This thread is 2.5 yrs old. I have the same question. Does anybody know if the answer is still the same?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kylehart wrote:This thread is 2.5 yrs old. I have the same question. Does anybody know if the answer is still the same?
I'm not aware of any change. I'd call CHQ to see what can be done.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”