finding the "Add Event in the upper-left corner" ?

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
gregnm

finding the "Add Event in the upper-left corner" ?

Post by gregnm »

I can sign into my LDS.org account, but can't find where to edit the lesson schedule. We don't have someone called as website person, the bishop gave me permission to make some changes to lesson plans as Gospel Doctrine teacher, but I can't see the events tab referenced in the, instructions for editing events.
These are the instructions on website.

Add Events ....

From the home page, click Events.
Select the year from the year drop-down menu.
Click + Add Event in the upper-left corner.
Click the calendar button and select the date of the event. You can select only Sundays because Lesson Schedules only accommodates Sunday classes. (You can't create lessons for non-Sunday classes, so any non-Sunday day is irrelevant to a class schedule.)
In the Event Name box, type a name for the event.
Under Event Type, select the type of event taking place. (There are no rules based on event types, but there may be in the future.)
Select the classes affected by the event. (If you removed all the classes, you will not see any classes here.)
Click Save.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: finding the "Add Event in the upper-left corner" ?

Post by russellhltn »

The bishop may have given you the authority, but may not have given you all the keys. You'll have to work with a member of the bishopric or a clerk to get the right calling entered or have your rights set up. Note that depending on what has been done, it can take a day or two.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

gregnm wrote:I can sign into my LDS.org account, but can't find where to edit the lesson schedule. We don't have someone called as website person, the bishop gave me permission to make some changes to lesson plans as Gospel Doctrine teacher, but I can't see the events tab referenced in the, instructions for editing events.
As an instructor/teacher you have no edit permissions on Lesson Schedules. Only administrators can add or edit Lesson Schedules events. Administrators for Lesson Schedules include bishoprics, clerks, executive secretaries, and ward website administrators. Additional administrators cannot be added. The only position that does not require a calling is ward website administrator. And then as russellhltn noted the position must be assigned in MLS using the standard position.

Organization presidencies and secretaries have limited administrator rights to add and edit classes for their organization. These rights do not extend to teachers/instructors.

So if your bishop gave you verbal permission to edit Lesson Schedules you would have to be added in to MLS as a ward website administrator to fulfill the assignment you have been given.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:So if your bishop gave you verbal permission to edit Lesson Schedules you would have to be added in to MLS as a ward website administrator to fulfill the assignment you have been given.
The problem with that is that the calling of Ward Website administrator grants a wide range of rights to many web applications. That may be more then the bishop wants to do.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

That is correct, but I mentioned that because that is the only option available for gregm to do everything needed, to include add events. If another administrator added the events then the ability to add a class would require being added in MLS as a Sunday School presidency member or as the Sunday School secretary. If the Bishop does not want gregm to be given the position of ward website administrator and does not want to call him to the Sunday School presidency, or as a Sunday School secretary, then there is nothing gregm can do.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
gregnm

Post by gregnm »

Thanks to all, looks like I need to aspire to a higher calling. :-)

Return to “Lesson Schedules”