Liaison between stake presidency and bishops

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
drepouille

Liaison between stake presidency and bishops

Post by drepouille »

In your stake, when the stake presidency wants to send information to the bishops (or bishoprics), or to ask for information from them, who is normally assigned those tasks? A counselor, the executive secretary, or the stake clerk?

I suspect there is no standard policy, so it is a local decision. Usually such tasks are assigned to whomever is most technologically qualified. In other words, it is assigned to the guy who knows how to do it.

Ugh.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Liaison between stake presidency and bishops

Post by aebrown »

In our stake, the stake presidency sends a weekly email communication to the bishops that covers informational items and highlights upcoming events. That task has been given to me, the stake clerk.

The stake executive secretary is responsible for most other one-time communications, including most situations where feedback from the bishops is requested. And the members of the stake presidency are all capable of sending emails, and they occasionally send things to the bishops, too.

So I guess the answer for us is "all of the above."
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

In our stake we have a weekly letter to the ward leaders that I send out with the Leader Resources send message tool. If the stake presidency (or high council) has anything they want sent out they give it to me and I include it in the weekly email.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

When I switched from being the SES to being the stake clerk, I thought I would be released from making appointments, agendas, updating the calendar, and sending messages from the presidency to the bishoprics. Maybe someday.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

drepouille wrote:When I switched from being the SES to being the stake clerk, I thought I would be released from making appointments, agendas, updating the calendar, and sending messages from the presidency to the bishoprics. Maybe someday.
You will when you stop doing tasks that should be the new SES responsibility.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I know. I hate to tell the stake president I refuse to do something. The new SES is not very computer literate, and I have spoiled the presidency over the past 5 years as the only SES they have ever known.

You know the saying, "If you want something done quickly, find a busy person to do it."
bsummie

Post by bsummie »

Our stake presidency uses a lot of options... Mass emails usually, but for something important its delivered by a member of the high council.

Return to “General Discussions”