Finding my old clerks phone number

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
sheenalee13

Finding my old clerks phone number

Post by sheenalee13 »

I moved up to Utah and my temple recommend worked from Dec 2011 to Feb 2012. Then in August when I went to go use it they said it was not activated. But it was. So I was told by the temple workers that the fastest way to get my recommend activated was to contact the clerk where my recommend was given. Any help on where I can get a phone number?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Finding my old clerks phone number

Post by russellhltn »

I'd work with your clerk on getting to the bottom of this. I don't know why a recommend that had been working would stop working unless it had specifically been canceled. It's possible you may need to get a new recommend from your new ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sheenalee13

Re: Temple Recommend Activation Issue

Post by sheenalee13 »

I have a recomend that was approved as of Dec 2011. I went to the SLC temple in Feb 2012. Then went to go to the Mesa temple in August 2012. The temple worker said it was not activated, which it had been previously. Why did it not work at the mesa temple or the snowflake temple????? Is there a way I can get it fixed with out having to do my interviews again?
sheenalee13

Post by sheenalee13 »

Ok thanks a bunch! Is there a place on the website I can find my clerks number? I was really hoping to have it figured out by this weekend. We are planning on attending the logan temple.:)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

If your records have already been moved to your new ward, the stake clerk in your former stake won't be able to help you. He can only activate recommends for current members of his stake.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If you go to lds.org/directory, you should be able to look up your current clerk's contact information.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sheenalee13 wrote:I moved up to Utah and my temple recommend worked from Dec 2011 to Feb 2012. Then in August when I went to go use it they said it was not activated.
Just out of curiosity, do you know if your records made it into your new ward? Pure guesswork on my part, but if your records were never requested, and the last ward didn't know where you went, they might have moved them out to "address unknown". It's possible (but pure speculation on my part) that temple recommends for "address unknown" stop working

The reason I mention that is from your post above, there seems to be quite a gap from Feb 2012 to present.

If my theory is correct, you'll find yourself unable to log in to lds.org/directory since you don't have a ward.

jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

russellhltn wrote:
sheenalee13 wrote:I moved up to Utah and my temple recommend worked from Dec 2011 to Feb 2012. Then in August when I went to go use it they said it was not activated.
Just out of curiosity, do you know if your records made it into your new ward? Pure guesswork on my part, but if your records were never requested, and the last ward didn't know where you went, they might have moved them out to "address unknown".
You got it right. Her records are in address unknown. sheenalee13 you will need to get with your ward clerk and get your records moved into your ward.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

JonesRK wrote:You got it right.
Well, that makes my day!

JonesRK wrote:sheenalee13 you will need to get with your ward clerk and get your records moved into your ward.
Of course, she's not going to be able to look it up in the directory. She could use maps.lds.org to locate her bishop.

jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

russellhltn wrote:
JonesRK wrote:sheenalee13 you will need to get with your ward clerk and get your records moved into your ward.
Of course, she's not going to be able to look it up in the directory. She could use maps.lds.org to locate her bishop.
I thought of that, but hopefully she knows who the clerk is.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”