Addresses in membership and financial databases don' t sync.

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
futameca-p40

Addresses in membership and financial databases don' t sync.

Post by futameca-p40 »

As an example:

When a member moves within the ward it seems their address gets updated in the membership side of things but not in the financial side. The end result is that mailed tax statements come back with wrong address notices, but the member is in our ward.

I may be missing something (most likely the case ;) ), but can the two be "sync'd" somehow without having to manually go in and change the address in financial to match what is in the membership?

Thanks.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

First of all, welcome to the forum! I very much agree with your concern. I listed it as #2 in my "year-end observations" found here...

http://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=947
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
futameca-p40

Post by futameca-p40 »

Why thanks for the welcome. I'm looking forward to utilizing this forum.

I'm glad to see it's not only me seeing this anomaly. One issue could be the scenario of hand entering a new ward member that moves in and makes a donation and we have not received their records yet so we can’t pluck their name from the ward member list. The new ward member fails to fill the donation slip completely leaving a partial or no address. The global update address thing would miss this record because there is no membership number associated with it?
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

futameca wrote:Why thanks for the welcome. I'm looking forward to utilizing this forum.

I'm glad to see it's not only me seeing this anomaly. One issue could be the scenario of hand entering a new ward member that moves in and makes a donation and we have not received their records yet so we can’t pluck their name from the ward member list. The new ward member fails to fill the donation slip completely leaving a partial or no address. The global update address thing would miss this record because there is no membership number associated with it?
If you process a donation for a new member and when creating a new donor record checked the box indicating they are a member of your unit but don't have their records yet, then you will shortly see an item in your "Urgent Task" list prompting you to assign a record number to the donor. This will remain in your Urgent Task list until the records arrive and you can resolve it.

I guess what I'm saying is, they wont fall through the cracks.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
futameca-p40

Post by futameca-p40 »

So that's where that task item gets generated from. Nice to know.

Thanks!
The sermon this morning: 'Jesus Walks on the Water.'
The sermon tonight: 'Searching for Jesus.'
[INDENT]- Church Bulletin entry (not necessarily LDS)
[/INDENT]

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”