move content to ext sd card.

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
donedrake

move content to ext sd card.

Post by donedrake »

Can i load/move the content database to the external card to save space in my galaxy siii internal card?
karlifullmer

Re: move content to ext sd card.

Post by karlifullmer »

Bump........

Anyway to designate a folder on ext. Card to save too....this is critical!!!!!!
kschaerr

Post by kschaerr »

I would like to see this also.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

Using your browser search engine you can look up the instructions on how to do this for your device.
donedrake

Post by donedrake »

Gary. I was not as clear in the OP as I should have been. I moved the content to the external card, but the app can't find it now. It appears the app is programmed to use the internal card only.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

Still the instructions on your device or the app should tell you how to access the card.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Gary_Miller wrote:Still the instructions on your device or the app should tell you how to access the card.
It's not a question of how to access the card. The question is if Gospel Library can be configured to find the content on the SD card, or if it only looks in the main phone storage. As near as I can determine, Gospel Libary only looks at the main storage, so it won't help (and will actually break the app) to move the content to the SD card.

I would definitely prefer to have Gospel Library able to access the content on the SD card.
donedrake

Post by donedrake »

I received s message that the app now has the option to download media for off line use. It still will not allow me to choose where. Downloading these video files will fill up a 16 gig internal card rather quickly. I currently download and then transfer to the external card but then i lose the link. Would it be possible to add that option in the near future?
Landes333

Post by Landes333 »

Same problem. I'm using the Samsung Galaxy S3, which has both a sizable internal SD and a removable external SD. Some apps erroneously treat the internal SD as the external. Gospel Library only works with the internal, not recognizing the library even when I manually move it to the external.
jasonhyer

Post by jasonhyer »

The app defaults to creating a database to the external storage card if there is a minimum amount of space available on that card. The folder the database is stored to is "gospel-library" and that cannot be configured. Also, once you install the app, you cannot change the location of the folder. It is not user configurable.

If the database is on your internal storage, it is most likely because when you installed the app, external storage could not be found on your device or the amount of space available did not meet the minimum amount required to create the database (I'm not sure what the size it but it is set to a size that a moderate amount of content could be loaded on the storage, probably around 200 MB).

If you are really having problems with this, please go to the help menu of the app and use the Report a Problem link and we will work to assist you with your particular situation.
Jason Hyer

Return to “Android Gospel Library”