lds.org "stake and ward websites" directory non functional

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
packrd

lds.org "stake and ward websites" directory non functional

Post by packrd »

Hello. Have no idea if this is the right place to post this (redirect me if it's not :)
Anyway, today I browser to https://www.lds.org/directory/?lang=eng in my kindle fire, and was presented with a (truncated) message saying "Welcome to the new online Church directory" which is cool.

However, I was absolutely unable to close the pesky dialog (as well as see all of it). This basically meant that I couldnt' use the directory *at all*

I even download a 3rd party browser, tried it again--same deal. Basically clicking the "Don't show again" link doesn't work at all, so the popup is uncloseable.

Thank you for your attention.
-roger-
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: lds.org "stake and ward websites" directory non function

Post by aebrown »

Every browser and device is a bit different, but generally you can adjust the browser's zoom so that you can see all of that popup and choose "don't show this again."

Also, note that the choice of "don't show this again" is a setting saved on the server, not in a cookie. That means that you could bring up the directory on any computer, choose "don't show this again," and then when you access it on your Kindle, you should not see the popup.
packrd

Re: lds.org "stake and ward websites" directory non function

Post by packrd »

aebrown wrote:Every browser and device is a bit different, but generally you can adjust the browser's zoom so that you can see all of that popup and choose "don't show this again."

Also, note that the choice of "don't show this again" is a setting saved on the server, not in a cookie. That means that you could bring up the directory on any computer, choose "don't show this again," and then when you access it on your Kindle, you should not see the popup.
In this case, pinching to zoom doesn't work at all, for whatever reason).

Also as a note, for me, with this particular popup, it "recurrs" every time I browse to https://www.lds.org/directory/?lang=eng regardless of how many times I click "don't show this again" (and, ideally, I would like to be able to use the site without having to revert to using a PC to close the popup :) )

Feedback welcome (or suggestion of where I might better send my advice also welcome).
Thank you!
-roger-

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”