Missing Menu items

Beta testing of the Local Unit Directory Application
mzuniga

Missing Menu items

Post by mzuniga »

Per the email:
We need people with all callings to test the directory. If you're a directory administrator because of your calling (website administrator, bishopric or stake presidency, clerk, executive secretary), you will see additional options in the sidebar for approving, uploading, assigning, and managing photos.

I am a currently a Stake Clerk and it is recognized in the beta site but I do not see any additional menu items for approving, uploading, assigning, and or managing photos.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Missing Menu items

Post by aebrown »

mzuniga wrote:Per the email:
We need people with all callings to test the directory. If you're a directory administrator because of your calling (website administrator, bishopric or stake presidency, clerk, executive secretary), you will see additional options in the sidebar for approving, uploading, assigning, and managing photos.

I am a currently a Stake Clerk and it is recognized in the beta site but I do not see any additional menu items for approving, uploading, assigning, and or managing photos.
The wording in the email was inaccurate. No one at the stake level has the ability to manage photos, so they won't see those options. That philosophy hasn't changed in the beta directory -- it's the same as it always has been.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I am a ward assistant clerk and see the options I would expect to see.
tomjoht

Post by tomjoht »

mzuniga wrote:Per the email:
mzuniga, good catch. I updated the article to read as follows:
We need people with all callings to test the directory. If you're a ward directory administrator because of your calling (website administrator, bishopric, clerk, executive secretary), you will see additional options in the sidebar for approving, uploading, assigning, and managing photos. While stake administrators don't have permissions to manage photos, they can edit profile information.

If you're not a ward or stake administrator, you won't be able to complete all the tasks in Swarm Tester. But that's okay — we still need your feedback on the tasks you can do.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

I saw it expressed before, but the idea of limiting a stake's ability to use the system really does limit our ability to magnify our callings in training and sustaining a ward. If a ward calls me and says I'm having trouble with the photo section of the directory, what do I tell them. Call SLC? Isn't that what my calling is supposed to reduce? The need to call SLC?
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

JohnShaw wrote:If a ward calls me and says I'm having trouble with the photo section of the directory, what do I tell them. Call SLC? Isn't that what my calling is supposed to reduce? The need to call SLC?
I know it may be difficult for some stake clerks to meet face-to-face with clerks but that may be required to see first hand or to demonstrate if necessary.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

jdlessley wrote:
JohnShaw wrote:If a ward calls me and says I'm having trouble with the photo section of the directory, what do I tell them. Call SLC? Isn't that what my calling is supposed to reduce? The need to call SLC?
I know it may be difficult for some stake clerks to meet face-to-face with clerks but that may be required to see first hand or to demonstrate if necessary.
A service such as https://join.me/ could also be an option to allow a stake clerk to help a ward clerk remotely.
mevans

Post by mevans »

JohnShaw wrote:I saw it expressed before, but the idea of limiting a stake's ability to use the system really does limit our ability to magnify our callings in training and sustaining a ward. If a ward calls me and says I'm having trouble with the photo section of the directory, what do I tell them. Call SLC? Isn't that what my calling is supposed to reduce? The need to call SLC?
I think JohnShaw's comment is more related to the fact that he has no permissions to try out the tools, therefore when his clerks come calling, he is not familiar with the tools and can't help them.

Return to “Beta Directory”