January 2013 Synopsis of First Presidency Message

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
wallyw44

January 2013 Synopsis of First Presidency Message

Post by wallyw44 »

President Henry B. Irying focused on receiving the voice of the Lord, and how study of the Doctrine and Covenants are essential in guiding us in the right directions, especially in these latter days, when our lives are inundated with negative outside forces. He teaches us, through many examples, how faith and humility are keys to finding happiness and joy in this life and the next.
President Erying gave an example of Oliver Cowdery, who received a message from our Heavenly Father; “Remember without faith you can do nothing: therefore, ask in faith. Trifle not with these things: Do not ask for that which you ought not.” (D & C, 8:10).
It is essential we study the D & C with a faithful heart and humility, and receive the true word of The Lord in faith, always with a heart of humility and reverence.
President Irying concluded in his message to receive The Lord’s message in true faith; realizing that the answer we get might not always be what we expected. The message received might be a direction to follow, confirmation of a truth, or even a warning. Let us all remember the true power of faith and the strength of humility. God Bless you all.
wallyw44

Re: Adding Link to Newsletter

Post by wallyw44 »

Is there a way to put the articles we posted here in my wards website? This is all new to my husband and me. Thanks
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Adding Link to Newsletter

Post by aebrown »

wallyw44 wrote:Is there a way to put the articles we posted here in my wards website? This is all new to my husband and me. Thanks
I'm glad you asked. The article you posted with the title "January 2013 Synopsis of First Presidency Message" is not really appropriate for the LDSTech forum. Here we discuss technical issues related to the Newsletter tool. But an article like that First Presidency message would be much more appropriate for your ward or stake's Newsletter.

Your ward will have a list of default administrators for the Newsletter, which includes the bishopric, clerks, executive secretary, and website administrator. Any of those people could post an article to the Newsletter. Also, any of those people could designate you as a Publisher, if they want you to be able to post articles frequently.

You can read about the Newsletter in the Newsletter Help system.

Return to “Newsletter”