FIXED -Sync showing calendars not subscribed

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
dgpapenfuss

FIXED -Sync showing calendars not subscribed

Post by dgpapenfuss »

My google calendar is showing calendars that I am not subscribed to, such as Young Women. When I view the calendar on LDS.org, I do not see the Young Women events. But when I view the calendar in google, I see the Young Women events.

I have unsubscribed to the Young Women calendar. I can't even see it on the Calendars to subscribe list (because I have unsubscribed so its not listed). By the way, its confusing to have two types of subscription lists. On both lists, I have the Young Women calendar unselected, yet it shows up on Google.
Last edited by dgpapenfuss on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Sync showing calendars not subscribed

Post by russellhltn »

A couple of things: First, only the actual subscription page controls what goes into the sync. Not the checkboxes on the main page. (But I think you know that.)

Secondly, Google syncs about once a day. If you happened to have subscribed to the YW calender at that time so you could see all the events, that would explain it.

As it stands now, you'll probably have to wait about a day to see if things goes back to normal.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dgpapenfuss

Re: Sync showing calendars not subscribed

Post by dgpapenfuss »

I will see what it looks like tomorrow. Thanks! I will let you know.
dgpapenfuss

Re: FIXED -Sync showing calendars not subscribed

Post by dgpapenfuss »

Couldn't wait till tomorrow, I found the immediate fix in the help files. For google to see the changes immediately I had to unsubscribe, then resubscribe to the LDS calendar in google, (complete remove the calendar and change the sync url). If I had waited, that probably would have worked too. The additional fix is to ensure your subscriptions are correct.
See help file:
https://ue.ldschurch.org/ldsapphelp/cal ... ndars.html

Return to “Calendar”