Singles stake leadership on lds.org

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
Jonisthin

Singles stake leadership on lds.org

Post by Jonisthin »

I'm the assistant Stake clerk in a singles stake. My job is training and tech. Being a singles stake, in Utah, the stake has to pull members from surrounding stakes to populate leadership positions like stake presidency, high council, and bishoprics. The concern that I have crossed is I (as the stake clerk and stake administrator) am unable to update any information. Our stake presidency has expressed a need to have accurate records for members and leadership. I understand that each individual has the ability to log onto lds.org and update their own information but a lot of these men are super busy and electronically illiterate. 

I have also discovered that I can't (or ward clerks) can't update photos of leadership. If they upload their photo on lds.org, our stake is unable to see it online or on the apps. I assume it is because their records aren't officially in our stake. Is there any advice you have for me on how I can fix this problem?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Singles stake leadership on lds.org

Post by russellhltn »

Jonisthin wrote:The concern that I have crossed is I (as the stake clerk and stake administrator) am unable to update any information. Our stake presidency has expressed a need to have accurate records for members and leadership. I understand that each individual has the ability to log onto lds.org and update their own information but a lot of these men are super busy and electronically illiterate.
Stake clerks have limited ability to change things that relate to the members. That's the ward clerks' responsibility. That's true even in a normal stake. 
Jonisthin wrote:I have also discovered that I can't (or ward clerks) can't update photos of leadership. If they upload their photo on lds.org, our stake is unable to see it online or on the apps. I assume it is because their records aren't officially in our stake. Is there any advice you have for me on how I can fix this problem?
Have the clerk in their home ward approve the photo. As a stake clerk, you have access to the CDOL, so you should be able to look up the contact information.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”