Ordering Temple Books

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
twalke

Ordering Temple Books

Post by twalke »

The bishop has asked me to order books 1-4 for temple recommends. I can't find them anywhere on store.lds.org and I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for to be honest. So, what am I doing wrong?
Biggles

Re: Ordering Temple Books

Post by Biggles »

You need to telephone, as they can't be ordered online! Outside of the US/Canada you can telephone 00800 2950 2950 and follow the prompts. This number might also work in the US/Canada, but I'm not sure about that!
Last edited by Biggles on Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gregwanderson

Post by gregwanderson »

My Bishop asked me to look into this a few weeks ago. I was able to order the "order form" at store.lds.org but then it never came to my house. The Bishop had to order it himself.

From the home page, find “Unit Materials" on the left side of the page. On the next page, there's a tab marked Stake/Ward but you want to click next to that on "View More." The next page has an icon for "Recommends" and that's where your Bishop can order the order form.
Last edited by gregwanderson on Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

mrrad wrote:My Bishop asked me to look into this a few weeks ago. I was able to order the "order form" at store.lds.org but then it never came to my house. The Bishop had to order it hmself.
I didn't find that option, but telephoning is much quicker. Also you need to make sure they are validated in MLS before use. There is a post somewhere else in the forum, showing how to do that process.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Biggles wrote:You need to telephone, as they can't be ordered online! Outside of the US/Canada you can telephone 00800 2950 2950 and follow the prompts. This number might also work in the US/Canada, but I'm not sure about that!
The number in the US is 1-800-537-5971. The books will be sent via express mail directly to the bishop.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

Every Temple recommend book has an order form inside the book. All the bishop needs to do is fill it out and send it in.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”