18 yr old YW not showing up in action and interview list

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jared.clements

18 yr old YW not showing up in action and interview list

Post by jared.clements »

Hi,

I'm the ward executive secretary and make heavy use of the action and interview list. Normally all the young women, young men, and young single adults show up for annual interviews around their birthdays, but recently I noticed a bug, where the transition between YW/YM and YSA isn't being handled correctly. We have a couple of young women that are turning 18 in the next couple of months. They don't show up under the youth, the young single adults, or anywhere else on the action and interview list. I know that there's an interview that normally shows up for Seminary graduation, but that's still 5 months in the future, and doesn't really cover the 18 year old annual interview.

Thanks,

Jared
kisaac
Community Moderators

Re: 18 yr old YW not showing up in action and interview list

Post by kisaac »

Welcome to the forum! While many of us here are just community members like yourself, some developers do look here. I can think of a few things to look at.
You say they don't show on the YW class lists and they are 17 years old?
1. You do have an actual record for them, and not a temporary or non-member record, or a record without a confirmation date (member-of-record)?
2. When you examine their individual record in MLS, (NOT LDS.org,) what organization(s) is listed for them as being a member of?
jared.clements

Post by jared.clements »

Welcome to the forum! While many of us here are just community members like yourself, some developers do look here.
Thanks for the welcome! I'm actually looking for someway to submit a bug report to the lds.org developers, which may or may not be possible, I suppose.
You say they don't show on the YW class lists and they are 17 years old?
Actually, no. I have a couple of YW in the ward who are turning 18, one this month and one next month. The class lists are fine, it's the "Action and Interview list" that they don't show up on. They don't move from YWs until they graduate high school in the spring and I would expect them to get annual interviews in the month of their birthday like all the rest of the YW, but they're not there.

It looks like a bug to me, where somebody used a "less than 18 years old" instead of a "less than or equal to 18 years old" in fetching the youth who need interviews.

Thanks,

Jared
jared.clements

Post by jared.clements »

Actually, after they turn 18 they don't show up on the YW rolls for the next quarter, and I think this is probably on purpose, as school graduation dates are extremely variable and would be best left to the ward to determine locally.

But even if they are now classified as Young Single Adults they should still get an annual interview around their 18th birthday, and they don't show up on that sublist in the action and interview list either.

Thanks,

Jared
jared.clements

Post by jared.clements »

So it looks like a lot of people are looking at this, can anybody confirm that they see this bug as well?

Thanks,

Jared
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jared.clements wrote:So it looks like a lot of people are looking at this
I wouldn't read too much into the number of views. Lots of people look at most or all of the posts, and every new post triggers a view for those people. But they might be financial clerks, or have stake callings, or for many other reasons not be able to even see the Action and Interview List.
chriswoodut

Post by chriswoodut »

We have this issue too and it triggers problems with class rolls as well. Just this week we were going back into MLS and adding the 18 year old high school seniors back into their Course 17 class (I think that is the class). MLS automatically boots them to relief society prematurely.

On your action and interview list, they still should show up but they will be in the YSA section. I tend to overlook it too. (I'm an exec sec)
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

jared.clements wrote:We have a couple of young women that are turning 18 in the next couple of months. They don't show up under the youth, the young single adults, or anywhere else on the action and interview list.
I see the same problem (at least on the Leader Portal - I have not checked MLS at the church). Good catch. I suggest sending in feedback via the "help" link describing the problem and pointing to this link. I am doing the same.
jkitterman
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jkitterman »

When a young woman turns 18, she joins the Relief Society. She would not have a youth interview at her 18th birthday. This is the general rule, but other factors can play a role as to if a young woman should join the relief society earlier than her 18th birthday.

If she is not married, she should have a YSA interview at her 18th birthday. If the Action and Interview List doesn't show her as needing an interview in the YSA section, then there is probably a bug, which I can fix for our next release.
Developer, Core Systems and Services
http://clerk.lds.org
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

jkitterman wrote:If she is not married, she should have a YSA interview at her 18th birthday. If the Action and Interview List doesn't show her as needing an interview in the YSA section, then there is probably a bug, which I can fix for our next release.
I can confirm that this indeed is the case: our turning-18 young-women-becoming-young-single-adults do not show up in the YSA interview list.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”