Cub Scout Calendar missing :(

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
geekiemommie

Cub Scout Calendar missing :(

Post by geekiemommie »

Hello

Our Cub Scout Calendar is randomly missing. It appears in the beta calendar though. Scary!

At first I thought it was because the issue we have of calendars saying they are from our old and new ward. Wards splitting. A few of our calendars say they are from the Litchfield Park Ward, but we are the Corte Sierra Ward. I guess everything didn't get transferred correctly?

Any ideas on what could be happening? Thanks!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Cub Scout Calendar missing :(

Post by lajackson »

geekiemommie wrote:Wards splitting.
Calendars do not transfer. The old calendars remain with the old ward and the new ward will need to create any new calendars to be used.

Which ward calendar you see will depend on where your membership record is located, and on whether or not you have signed in to the Calendar site at LDS.org since your membership record was moved to your new ward.

If the division was recent (last week or so), these things are probably all still settling out. If the change was made a few weeks ago, check with your ward clerk to make sure your record is in your new ward.

Then decide who is going to create and edit the new calendar, sign in to the Calendar at LDS.org and have fun.
geekiemommie

Post by geekiemommie »

Why does this happen then for our calendars in our ward? Here is the RS one that says "Litchfield Park Ward".
rs.JPG
rs.JPG (39.15 KiB) Viewed 1746 times
And here it says "Corte Sierra Ward".
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (48.83 KiB) Viewed 1746 times
These are all under my account. Our ward was created over a year ago. We used to go to the Litchfield Park Ward.

Also, I am the website admin and our Cub Scout calendar is randomly missing, but it shows up in the beta calendar. Should I be worried?

Thanks!
geekiemommie

Post by geekiemommie »

@lajackson -

I probably made this post more complicated that it should be.

We are only worried about one thing right now...our Cub Scout calendar is missing!!! But it appears in the beta calendar. Is it going to reappear? Or what has happened? Thanks for your time!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The fact it is in the beta calendar says it did exist. Either it's been deleted, or someone moved it. I think you need to talk to a Default admin (Bishopric/clerk) to look into the problem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
geekiemommie

Post by geekiemommie »

I've emailed all the admins. They all say they didn't delete it. I am the website admin.

How does a calendar get moved?

I can just create a new calendar, but the data will be lost. Oh well. The scouts weren't that great about putting stuff on the calendar yet anyway lol.

Thanks for your response!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

From the drop-down list on the right, when you select "Calendars" (to manage calendars, not display them), do you see anything listed at the top for "deleted calendars"?

Do you see the Cub Scout calendar in that list?

The calendar could have become a stake calendar of a stake admin tried to do something with it. You might check your subscriptions area to see if it became a stake calendar.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
geekiemommie

Post by geekiemommie »

All good thoughts, but it's not in the "deleted calendars" nor stake calendars. It's not in any of the subscriptions either. Boggles my mind to as what happened.

I'll just create a new one. Oh well.
geekiemommie

Post by geekiemommie »

Also, does anyone know why half the things say "Litchfield Park Ward" and half "Corte Sierra Ward"? It's in the attached pictures above.

Thanks!
geekiemommie

Post by geekiemommie »

Okay, I must be losing my mind. I just tried to create a new Cub Scout Calendar, and I received this error:
Capture.JPG
(47.3 KiB) Downloaded 339 times
And here are all our calendars:
Capture1.JPG
Capture1.JPG (44.13 KiB) Viewed 1725 times

Return to “Calendar”