Viewing captioning in smartbuilder-based training

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
allenjpl

Viewing captioning in smartbuilder-based training

Post by allenjpl »

The older training is provided using Adobe Presentations, which gives you the option of reading the notes/captioning on the side. Is there a similar option in the newer smartbuilder-based training?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Viewing captioning in smartbuilder-based training

Post by aebrown »

I haven't found any captioning in those new training modules, but I'm glad you raised the issue. I have frequently used the text for two main reasons:
  • I need to "listen" to a lesson when I'm in a setting where audio isn't an option
  • I want to copy/paste text from the script (generally into a forum post or wiki article)
I was quite disappointed to see that feature omitted on the newer training lessons.
PhillipsCJ

Post by PhillipsCJ »

Can you point me to an example of the new training modules so I can follow up with the product manager?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

PhillipsCJ wrote:Can you point me to an example of the new training modules so I can follow up with the product manager?
In the Finance area of the Record-Keeping and Technology Support site, the following courses are the new SmartBuilder-type courses that don't have captioning: There may be others, but those examples should show you what we're talking about. Compare those with an older Macromedia Breeze course, such as The Role of the Stake Clerk.

Return to “General Discussions”