Reservation "Data Temporarily Unavailable

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
patriciascobb

Reservation "Data Temporarily Unavailable

Post by patriciascobb »

I have been trying for 2 days now to make Reservation for the new year on my ward calendar. I am the one who calling is to make the reservation. Every time I try it comes back with Data temporarily unavailable. I am using the same computer same browser that I have used for a year now nothing has changed on my end. Yet I can't get reservation to come up. What do I do? It won't even let me see my calendar at all. We have one Ward and two branches, and Institute in our building and because of our locations I have request coming in from Mission Ward leaders and Stake leaders I can't tell them yes or no or what days are or not on the calendar. I have learned my lesson will be keeping a paper calendar for back-up. but for now my hands are tied can anyone help me? please e-mail me at patriciascobb@gmail.com. Thanks for your help Pat
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Reservation "Data Temporarily Unavailable

Post by aebrown »

It's not clear to me exactly what you are doing when you see this error message. At one point you said "I am the one who calling is to make the reservation." Does that mean that you are in the Reservations page, and you are clicking on a date, or clicking the "Add Reservation" button?

Then you said "It won't even let me see my calendar at all." Are you referring to the Reservations calendar under Settings (the gear icon)? Or are you talking about the main Calendar view (the view that appears when you first go to the Calendar on LDS.org)?

And although you suggested that someone email you, I think you'll be much better off with a discussion on this forum. That way multiple people can give their insights and see ideas from others. If you want to be notified of new posts to this topic, click the "Subscribe topic" link near the very bottom of this page.
patriciascobb

Post by patriciascobb »

Ok I see my error in explaining. Step one I sign in. Step two I see the calendar for my Stake. I can remove all and see my ward at that screen. Step three I click on icon upper right hand of screen bring down list and click on Reservation. Step four it takes me to the screen that should say White River Ward but instead it is a blank calender with no Ward name on top. Step five the second it gets to this page a pop up box appears stating that the Data is Temporarily Unavailable. at this point there is no more I can do. I tried clicking on calendar but it will not let me do such. Thanks for your help.
patriciascobb

Post by patriciascobb »

I did not know that hitting quick reply would not send a post because I have been waiting for help and have received none. Ok I see my error in explaining. Step one I sign in. Step two I see the calendar for my Stake. I can remove all and see my ward at that screen. Step three I click on icon upper right hand of screen bring down list and click on Reservation. Step four it takes me to the screen that should say White River Ward but instead it is a blank calender with no Ward name on top just says Indianapolis IN West stake when it use to say White River. Step five the second it gets to this page a pop up box appears stating that the Data is Temporarily Unavailable. at this point there is no more I can do. I tried clicking on calendar but it will not let me do such. Thanks for your help. I have e-mails from my Bishop that people are e-mailing him about my not getting dates to them. What am I suppose to do. I know you like this forum thing but it does not give fast reply nor help. What do I do next?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I see two problems here. The first is the one listed in the title. But I suspect there's a second one. You're not trying to use "Reservations" to block off rooms for events are you? That's not the proper way to use the calendar. Instead, the events should be placed on the calendar and the building/rooms selected for the location.

If you use Reservations for events, it will come back and bite you.

BTW, the developers do plan on renaming "Reservations" to "Scheduling Restrictions" - because that's what they are.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kyleq

Post by kyleq »

Are there other building schedulers that can access your building's reservations page successfully? Temporarily you may want to work with another person that can access the page to get the reservations defined. However, if you are scheduling events that will use the building and not simply defining restricted time frames you should really be putting them on a calendar.
patriciascobb

Post by patriciascobb »

I need to block off the weeks. because we share our Ward Building with so many others Weeks belong to different entities. Example 1 week Belongs to White River 1st 1 week belongs to Spanish Branch and 1 week belongs to Young Single Adults. Yes I was going into Reservation and making the dates I thought that was what I was suppose to do. My bad. I need to block off these weeks because other organizations such as Single Adults and Institute have access to the calendar and are putting their dates in their selves taking dates that they are suppose to clear through me. I have to ask the entities that, that week belongs to permission for other entities to use that date. Toss in the Stake, Mission Home, and Family Counselling and it gets crazy. It still will not allow me into reservations. It is my understanding that I am the only one who can make reservation don't know who I would go to any suggestions?
patriciascobb

Post by patriciascobb »

is there any way to wipe it clean reset it and let me start all over again?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

patriciascobb wrote:I need to block off these weeks because other organizations such as Single Adults and Institute have access to the calendar and are putting their dates in their selves taking dates that they are suppose to clear through me.
Ok, that may be a good use for "Reservations". Just remember that you can only dedicate the resource to a unit - not to a organization.
patriciascobb wrote:Example 1 week Belongs to White River 1st 1 week belongs to Spanish Branch
That will work.
patriciascobb wrote:and 1 week belongs to Young Single Adults.
If "YSA" is a ward, then you're good. If it's the stake or ward, then another group in the stake/ward could schedule it before the YSA (such as the YM) because the "reservation" only restricts it to a unit.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
patriciascobb

Post by patriciascobb »

everyone is a Branch except for my White River Ward. That is why I am the only Building Sech. I am suppose to juggle the needs of many. I receive my instructions from the Bishop who is over all the Branches. He says that the dedicated weeks belong to that group and that not even the Stake can take any of those days without permission. Just some people are a bit determined then others to have their way.

Return to “Calendar”