MLS Language/Install twice?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
wadeburt

MLS Language/Install twice?

Post by wadeburt »

I need to have MLS in Spanish and in English - right now, I use 2 laptops, one with each version. Is there an easier way? Is there a way to put both on one laptop? Then I could split screen the two and put them up side by side.
I am doing a multiStake Spanish language Clerk Training session on MLS and need to have a good way to move between them.

I am a Spanish speaking novice, although I will have the assistance of Spanish speaking translators.
Wade E. Burt
Gallatin Ward High Priest Group Leader
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

wadeburt wrote:I need to have MLS in Spanish and in English - right now, I use 2 laptops, one with each version. Is there an easier way? Is there a way to put both on one laptop? Then I could split screen the two and put them up side by side.
I am doing a multiStake Spanish language Clerk Training session on MLS and need to have a good way to move between them.

I am a Spanish speaking novice, although I will have the assistance of Spanish speaking translators.
From previous threads, it seems like it won't work (that MLS assumes there is only one installation per machine). However, perhaps you can load up Virtual PC or VMWare Player and run a VM? Then again, maybe that's a bad idea if your hardware specs are those of a standard Ward machine.
danpass

MLS on virtual machines

Post by danpass »

mkmurray wrote:From previous threads, it seems like it won't work (that MLS assumes there is only one installation per machine). However, perhaps you can load up Virtual PC or VMWare Player and run a VM? Then again, maybe that's a bad idea if your hardware specs are those of a standard Ward machine.
Another free VM option is VirtualBox. I recently have been experimenting with Ubuntu on MS Virtual PC 2007 and VirtualBox and have come to like VirtualBox more. They both seem to put a similar load on the host in terms of performance and host OS (Vista Business) resources. But VirtualBox seems better in terms of hardware emulation, particularly with regard to video and mouse support.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”