CES Fireside download

Discussions on how emerging technology can assist the distribution of media content through mobile, kiosks, Internet, social networks, etc.
Bendr

CES Fireside download

Post by Bendr »

Hi!
We are planning on showing the most recent CES fireside for an activity at the church building next week. Unfortunately our wireless doesn't have enough bandwidth to stream it so I would like to download it ahead of time.

Looking on https://www.lds.org/broadcasts/archive/ ... 1?lang=eng I see that the older firesides are available for download but I don't see a link other than streaming for the newest one. Does anyone know if it will be available in the future? and if so, when?

Thanks,
Ben
chmsant

Re: CES Fireside download

Post by chmsant »

They're usually posted for download within the week after the initial broadcast. Keep checking back.
JamesAnderson

Re: CES Fireside download

Post by JamesAnderson »

Appears to be delayed, they got the video for viewing up, but that was Tuesday.

However, I think I may know the reason for the delay. Just after that over at FamilySearch they had a major issue that affected their operations internally across the board. The site was up, the big one was with indexing, and primarily the batch server. I was in another phone call and a second one held right after the first one normally was scrapped because Tier 3 support leads that moderate the call were so swamped with issues.

While FamilySearch is largely separate from lds.org, due to different needs, anything in-house may have also affected the lds.org systems too from a hardware standpoint. If that was the case, then that would explain why the files have not been posted yet as usual.

So far the only thing as previously noted was the video on the CES Devotionals page. Everything else including the text has not been put up. They got some other content up but apparently they haven't got all they would have wanted to post on the site this week.

Return to “Digital Media”