Administrator list page

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
merrilon

Administrator list page

Post by merrilon »

I am the Ward Website Administrator. I've been battling our admin list for a while now. It shows up in a very strange way. I have closed and reopened, gone in and out of my browser, and it makes no difference. I'm using the latest update on Firefox, mine says 15 after I updated it, 1-3-13, on a Windows 7 machine.
If you can pull it up, and see it the way I see it, you will see it is really strange, it has my name on the same line as the ward clerk, and I'm a female,...not possible! I just added a Primary President and it put Sister Hopper on the line of the Ward Executive Secretary!
Lots of things are not possible as a female ward web admin, but this is over the top! This is how it looks: https://www.lds.org/church-calendar/adm ... it=1578189#[/img] I have a jpeg image to show you, but this site won't let me add it here.
Can anyone help?
Gwen Beck
Attachments
Ward web aministrators page.jpg
Here is the picture I wanted to send in the above note.
(156.85 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Administrator list page

Post by aebrown »

Merrilon wrote:If you can pull it up, and see it the way I see it, you will see it is really strange, it has my name on the same line as the ward clerk, and I'm a female,...not possible! I just added a Primary President and it put Sister Hopper on the line of the Ward Executive Secretary!
First of all, thanks for sharing the details; they are quite helpful.

Second, it's subtle, and difficult to see be cause the formatting is messed up, but you are not on the same line as the ward clerk. Your name is slightly lower than the ward clerk calling information, which makes it plain that your name is associated with the next calling down, which is Website Administrator. The position of the horizontal lines makes you think that your name is grouped with the calling slightly above, but that's just another aspect of the messed up formatting.

I reported a very similar problem during a beta test about 7 months ago (see here).
merrilon

Post by merrilon »

While you are at it, why is Bishop Williams way down on the list? That is weird!
Thanks for the reply! Fast it was!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Merrilon wrote:While you are at it, why is Bishop Williams way down on the list? That is weird!
As you may have noticed in the post I linked to, I also reported the strange ordering back in June. Even though a Church employee replied that it would get fixed, in my experience the ordering of that list has always been quite odd. I work at the stake level, and our stake president is near the top of the list, but the stake clerk and second counselor are near the bottom, with all sorts of inexplicable ordering in between.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Merrilon wrote:I've been battling our admin list for a while now. It shows up in a very strange way. I have closed and reopened, gone in and out of my browser, and it makes no difference.
Have you tried clearing your browser cache? The problem looks like something that might happen if you have an older version of a stylesheet in your browser cache that doesn't coordinate with a newer stylesheet you might be accessing from the server.
failproof

Post by failproof »

I haven't put Firefox on the machine I'm on presently, but seems like the last time I posted Firefox version a few days ago from another machine it was 18, so you might also try checking for another recent update. Additionally you might try another browser like Chrome (downloads and installs very quickly if you don't already have it, making it a good option) or IE9 or IE10 (not so quickly). Using another browser could also help indicate whether it was something specific to what your current browser is doing.

Return to “Calendar”