Modem Connection

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
harddrive

Modem Connection

Post by harddrive »

The stake clerk has received a new PC and installed MLS 2.7.3 on it. Now when he dials in to get updates from SLC, MLS will connect using the modem and says that it has connected to the server. Then MLS will exit without any error messages, however the modem will stay connected.

My question is what file or files need to be modified so that we can connect to the server.

Thanks in advance.
Terry
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What I'd expect him to get is a sad face with a error message about "security failure" and how he needs to call the area office. (SLC in the U.S.).

I think that's the best plan of action here.
imokiao-p40

Post by imokiao-p40 »

Hi,

I'm getting that error you mentioned: "Security failure..please contact administratory ...."

What's the problem here?

We installed a new computer with MLS, then did an import of backup data of the old computer. After testing a send/receive we get that error.

2nd question: What would happen if we don't have the admin password to MLS to add a second Ward to MLS?

Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

imokiao wrote:We installed a new computer with MLS, then did an import of backup data of the old computer. After testing a send/receive we get that error.
That will do it. You need to call clerk support and have them do a reset on their end. You can expect that to happen when you change out computers or if you have to do a massive re-load such as reformatting/reimaging the hard drive.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”