Confirm some changes?

Beta testing of the Local Unit Directory Application
failproof

Confirm some changes?

Post by failproof »

Can you confirm that the following changes were done purposefully and not inadvertently?:

Uploading a photo and assigning it an individual who is the only individual in the household, automatically assigns that photo to both the individual and the household. When you go to manage photos there are two of the same photo even if you only uploaded one.

Ward Leaders and Stake Leaders - the list of organizations and groups is now alphabetical instead of always having the Bishopric/Stake Presidency at the top of the list.

Clicking on My Household puts me on my household as expected, but already in edit mode.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Confirm some changes?

Post by aebrown »

failproof wrote:Can you confirm that the following changes were done purposefully and not inadvertently?:
I am not in a position to confirm or deny, but that doesn't stop me from offering my opinions. :)
failproof wrote:Uploading a photo and assigning it an individual who is the only individual in the household, automatically assigns that photo to both the individual and the household. When you go to manage photos there are two of the same photo even if you only uploaded one.
This sounds like a nice improvement, particularly for YSA wards.
failproof wrote:Ward Leaders and Stake Leaders - the list of organizations and groups is now alphabetical instead of always having the Bishopric/Stake Presidency at the top of the list.
Now that we have a longer list of organizations, I can see why this might have been done, but I don't like the bishopric and particularly the stake presidency being a ways down the list. I suppose the challenge is that other than that presiding group, there's not a totally natural ordering to the organizations.
failproof wrote:Clicking on My Household puts me on my household as expected, but already in edit mode.
That sounds like a good change; there's not much reason for "My Household" except for editing your household, so this saves a click.
jeffevannelson
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jeffevannelson »

aebrown has most of all the reasons why correct. Only one we are still debating is the ordering on the organizations. Problem comes when you have some wards with many quorums etc 2 deacons quorums etc
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

jeffevannelson wrote:aebrown has most of all the reasons why correct. Only one we are still debating is the ordering on the organizations. Problem comes when you have some wards with many quorums etc 2 deacons quorums etc
I like the idea of listing it once in the middle section and then when they select Young Men or Elders Quorum from the middle the positions on the right are grouped by their quorum or class.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jeffevannelson wrote:aebrown has most of all the reasons why correct. Only one we are still debating is the ordering on the organizations. Problem comes when you have some wards with many quorums etc 2 deacons quorums etc
I would suggest the presiding organization first, then others in alphabetical order if needed for programming purposes.

That's the way the deacons pass the sacrament on Sunday (except for the alphabetical part). The presiding officer first, then everyone else in any simple order.

Return to “Beta Directory”