Q4 Quarterly Report - Children incorrectly calculated

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
mfmohlma

Q4 Quarterly Report - Children incorrectly calculated

Post by mfmohlma »

I only noticed this because we have 15 Sunbeams in this new year:

While filling out the Q4 quarterly report online yesterday, I noticed that the number of children 3 to 12 (line 20) had jumped by a large number, putting our usually-close-to 100% Primary attendance down quite a bit percentage-wise. The total children 0 to 2 had decreased by the same number. It appears that the Leader Portal does not correctly use "last year's" rules for the Q4 report. I can see the correct number in the previous quarters. (The mouse-over help even specifically states that the number should be those that are 3 years old "as of the reporting year".)

Anybody else seeing this? I haven't checked MLS at the church to see if the same error occurs.
sasgrw

Re: Q4 Quarterly Report - Children incorrectly calculated

Post by sasgrw »

Yes, I just noticed that as I was filling out the quarterly report. I had the primary list from 'unit stats' from 31Dec2012 saved as a pdf and when I go to unit stats now and look at the primary, the number jumped. (I had to use unit stats because that will show me the list of kids whereas the quarterly report just shows a tooltip.) I compared both lists, highlighting each name that was new in the 2013 version and then looked at the kids' ages and they were all sunbeams. It looks like the quarterly report is not using 2012 for the age calculation.

Not sure if this is the proper way to handle it but I just bumped our primary attendance up by the number of sunbeams. That put our attendance percentage back to regular number.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

sasgrw wrote:Not sure if this is the proper way to handle it but I just bumped our primary attendance up by the number of sunbeams. That put our attendance percentage back to regular number.
Probably not the right way to do it, especially since the budget allowances are calculated based on numbers attending, not percentages. I just reported the number actually attending primary.
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

good point
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

Looking at our report and the numbers in LDS.ORG it appears that we did
not have this problem. Our new sunbeams were not in the figures. We input the information through MLS.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

Gary_Miller wrote:Looking at our report and the numbers in LDS.ORG it appears that we did
not have this problem. Our new sunbeams were not in the figures. We input the information through MLS.
So that verifies that the problem is only in the online tool (as I suspected).

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”