Tithing Declaration/Statistics Reports for Stake

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
natrx-p40

Post by natrx-p40 »

As stake clerk, the Stake President has asked me to provide printed copies of the Tithing Declaration Statistics Report and Tithing Declaration Report for All Members. Getting the 12 units in our stake to provide their copies by 31 January has proven to be more than difficult.

I have been unable to find out how to view/print these documents per unit at the stake level. Is this possible and if so how? And if not, then when?
opee

Post by opee »

I have not found a way myself. I think that you have to get them from the individual units.

It would be a nice enhancement for the Stake to be able to see this information and print when needed from their MLS.
SmithGW

Post by SmithGW »

You definitely have to get the Tithing Declarations and Tithing Statistics reports from the individual wards and branches. There is no way for the stake to print these. I will look into the reasoning behind this. There usually is a fairly good reason why a stake can't do something in MLS.
1968leocomeeatabite

Re: Tithing Declaration/Statistics Reports for Stake

Post by 1968leocomeeatabite »

So I am Understanding that when the Instruction say that the Tithing Declaration should be submitted by the 15th of January to the Stake that that means a hard copy? Is there not a way to send it electronically to the Stake?

Also as I understand it, when the Tithing Declaration report is done that it will automatically be sent to church headquarters the next time a send and receive is done. this this correct?

Thank you for your help.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I suppose the clerk could "print" the report to a PDF using CutePDF, and then e-mail the PDF to the stake clerk or stake president. However, some would consider such transmission via e-mail to be insecure, especially for such confidential data.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
1968leocomeeatabite

Post by 1968leocomeeatabite »

Thank you much. I did not understand that the statistic report and the declaration are two different reports. Is the declaration report to go with the statistically report?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

1968leocomeeatabite wrote:Thank you much. I did not understand that the statistic report and the declaration are two different reports. Is the declaration report to go with the statistically report?
I've never considered them to be separate reports. The statistics are included as part of the declaration report (there is no option to print them separately). I would simply consider them to be two parts of a single report. Every stake president I've ever worked with wants both parts. The annual official letter about tithing settlement and reports (the most recent one was dated 24 October 2014) only refers to the Tithing Declaration Report, but I'm sure it is supposed to include the statistics.
tukingapahu

Post by tukingapahu »

So I've asked the clerks in the wards to send their tithing settlement report to the stake president by this method (save report to file in MLS with cutePDF).

My question is some of our ward could not see the option to select cutePDFwriter. This means they need to download the free cutePDFwriter. Did anyone have problem downloading this into the church computer given the security software approval for download?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

CutePDF is linked to from LDS.org so I assume it could be installed without a problem.
https://www.lds.org/help/support/third- ... e?lang=eng
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

tukingapahu wrote:Did anyone have problem downloading this into the church computer given the security software approval for download?
No problem a few months ago when I set up some new computers.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”