Timeout setting?

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
mdturner

Timeout setting?

Post by mdturner »

It seems like the timeout is set to be really fast right now. I'm getting timeout messages if I take more than about a minute between actions.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Timeout setting?

Post by aebrown »

The session timeout setting is certainly not set to be anywhere near as quick as you describe.

I can only suppose that you are getting signed out of LDS.org earlier than you expect because of other actions you are taking. The most likely culprit is accessing LDS.org using HTTP instead of HTTPS after you are signed in.
mdturner

Post by mdturner »

Aha. I was searching for GC talks in Google in another tab to get the links for the Teachings for our Times lessons. Thanks for the link—looks like it's a "feature", not a bug, eh? Grrr.
fatdax

Post by fatdax »

I'm seeing the same problem when I cut and past URL for teaching for our times. It times out with almost every TFOT lesson entry but only after I hit save. Then the lesson is not saved and I need to login again.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

fatdax wrote:I'm seeing the same problem when I cut and past URL for teaching for our times. It times out with almost every TFOT lesson entry but only after I hit save. Then the lesson is not saved and I need to login again.
The fix is to make sure that all the research you're doing to get links to copy and paste into TFOT lesson entries is done under HTTPS.

What's happening is that you are following HTTP links somehow as you do your research. When you do that, you are signed out of LDS.org. When you go back to your browser tab that you have open for Lesson Schedules, you are already signed out, but you don't notice it at first. If you refresh the page you would notice it right away, but if you wait until you do an operation such as Save. Such operations only work if you are signed in, and so that's when you are informed that you are no longer signed in.

Return to “Lesson Schedules”