Updating LDS.org

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
thehizzy

Updating LDS.org

Post by thehizzy »

Hi my name is Scott Bowers and I am the ward cler of the Oakland-Berkeley University Ward (Student Single). I have followed the following instructions a week ago but LDS.org still does not recognize me as the ward clerk:

The process in doing the refresh just in case:
1 Click File on MLS
2 Select request unit refresh data
3 Select membership and OK
4 Click send receive changes
5 Wait for at leaast two hours
6 Click send receive changes
7 Check LDS.org 24 hours later

Is there anything else I can do or a number to call?

Thanks in advance
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Updating LDS.org

Post by aebrown »

The steps you described will only help make MLS correct if you are already the ward clerk according to CDOL. But that is not the case (I looked at your ward in CDOL, and it appears that the former ward clerk is still listed).

So what you need to do is use MLS to adjust the Bishopric organization and designate yourself as the ward clerk. Make sure that you use the existing standard calling Ward Clerk and just change the person who has that calling. Then do a Send/Receive. In less than an hour after you do that, your calling should appear on the Ward Leaders section of the Directory on LDS.org, which will be an indication that it is correctly in CDOL.

About a day later, you should have access rights to CDOL and other websites based on that calling.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

If you had previously updated MLS as aebrown outlined and CDOL has not updated, then change the set apart flag, save it, then change it back and do a send/receive. This will trigger MLS to resend the calling position to CDOL again.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

aebrown wrote:About a day later, you should have access rights to CDOL and other websites based on that calling.
For CDOL the rights are there as soon as your calling is in CDOL. For other websites it still takes about a day.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

thehizzy wrote:Hi my name is Scott Bowers and I am the ward cler of the Oakland-Berkeley University Ward (Student Single). I have followed the following instructions a week ago but LDS.org still does not recognize me as the ward clerk:
It looks like your calling made it into CDOL today. You should have rights in the other LDS.org tools tomorrow.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”