Setting up PPI folders for stake president

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
drepouille

Setting up PPI folders for stake president

Post by drepouille »

As I understand it, each month the stake clerk should print certain reports and put them into file folders so the stake president can refer to those reports during his monthly PPIs with bishops, branch presidents, and the Relief Society president.

Is there any guidance as to which reports or other paperwork should be in these PPI folders?
- Consolidated financial statement
- Fast Offering report
- Action and Interview list
- Endowed members without recommends
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Setting up PPI folders for stake president

Post by russellhltn »

drepouille wrote:As I understand it, each month the stake clerk should print certain reports and put them into file folders so the stake president can refer to those reports during his monthly PPIs with bishops, branch presidents, and the Relief Society president.
News to me. That sounds like something based on how your stake operates rather then any requirement found in a manual.

When you say "file folders" I assume you're taking about physical paper folders, not computer "file folders".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Setting up PPI folders for stake president

Post by aebrown »

According to the handbook, there are a variety of topics the stake president is to cover during his regular priesthood interview with each bishop. For much of that, it certainly helps for the stake president to have access to certain reports.

Much of the information is available on LDS.org, and my stake president is happy to retrieve any information available to him. He also has access to the monthly Consolidated Financial Statement, which includes a lot of detail regarding fast offerings and budget.

Each stake president will have his own requests for particular information, and the stake clerk is an obvious person to help him collect any information he does not already have.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”