need to identify people on the church dnc list

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
merrillclark

need to identify people on the church dnc list

Post by merrillclark »

I know too many people who have asked not to contacted and yet they remain on the open list. I was just assigned to home teach one who put her name on the list 20 years ago. I am not one of them. Despite being asked to not contact them, their names are still on the open ward list. There should be a way of making a notation and with the notation, their names are off the public rolls. Furthermore, there should be an easy list to print off the list for the new missionaries arriving in the unit. It is really unprofessional and not right to not honor someone's request not to be contacted.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: need to identify people on the church dnc list

Post by jdlessley »

This topic has been discussed in other threads. See the This weekend's tip: No "DNC" on membership records thread for one of those discussions. Note the attachment for the MLS message regarding annotating records.
merrillclark wrote:It is really unprofessional and not right to not honor someone's request not to be contacted.
We should follow the guidance given by the Brethren. This includes not modifying records. What to do with those members requesting to not be contacted is for local priesthood leaders to decide.

Here is another thread discussing the topic:
How to keep track of "do not contact" members?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”