visiting teaching

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
Newt

visiting teaching

Post by Newt »

I'm the ward clerk and am trying to help my wife with her Visiting teaching reports. She has a sister that she can't add as a sister whom is being taught. Although she has been able to add this sister as a companion to V. T., I don't know why or how to add this sister to her list of sisters being taught. We do have her membership records, she is assigned to the relief society. Any Ideas?

Thanks
Newt
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: visiting teaching

Post by aebrown »

Could you supply some more details?
  • When you say you are trying to "add to her list of sisters being taught" do you mean that there is an existing companionship and you are clicking the Add link in the "Sisters being taught by this companionship" section?
  • If not, how are you trying to add her?
  • If so, what happens when you click the Add link? Is the list of sisters displayed? If it is displayed, is that particular sister not on the list? Or is she on the list, but something bad happens when you select her?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Silly question: are you trying to make a sister VT herself? That's the only reason I can think of where you can't select a sister for VT but can be a VT companion.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Newt

Post by Newt »

aebrown wrote:Could you supply some more details?
  • When you say you are trying to "add to her list of sisters being taught" do you mean that there is an existing companionship and you are clicking the Add link in the "Sisters being taught by this companionship" section?
  • If not, how are you trying to add her?
  • If so, what happens when you click the Add link? Is the list of sisters displayed? If it is displayed, is that particular sister not on the list? Or is she on the list, but something bad happens when you select her?
Yes we are trying to add her to an existing companionship and yes we are clicking the add link. The list of sisters appears but the sister in question is not on the list. Yes we have her membership record, we have been able to give this sister a companion to VT with but cannot add her to a companionship to be VT. Very strange problem, I hope I am explaining it correctly .

Thanks for your help
Newt
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Have you tried different options for the "Show" dropdown in the upper right corner? You can choose "All Females", "All Relief Society Sisters" and "Unassigned Relief Society Sisters." That might give you some clues.
Newt

Post by Newt »

aebrown wrote:Have you tried different options for the "Show" dropdown in the upper right corner? You can choose "All Females", "All Relief Society Sisters" and "Unassigned Relief Society Sisters." That might give you some clues.
I'm not sure if we tried that or not. I will check tomorrow. I know that she is assigned to the RS, that was one of the first things I checked after I made sure we had her membership record.

Thanks

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”