3 Months only viewable

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
davidpurser

3 Months only viewable

Post by davidpurser »

This week our Stake YW President reported that she can only view the first 3 months of 2013 (she had no problem with 2012!).
Any forum members had experience of anything similar? Any hints for getting the rest of the year available?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: 3 Months only viewable

Post by aebrown »

I can certainly view all of 2013.

What does this sister see when she moves from March to April? Is the month of April not showing in the browser at all? Or does April show, but it has no events?

If the latter, is it possible that the calendars she has subscribed to simply don't have any events in April? Perhaps organizations are planning only three months at a time.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

davidpurser wrote:This week our Stake YW President reported that she can only view the first 3 months of 2013 (she had no problem with 2012!).
I tried both my own LDS account as well as my wife's and neither of us have any problems in viewing the entire calendar.
kevin.fairchild

Post by kevin.fairchild »

Is she viewing on lds.org or a smart phone app? I believe the default setting on the android LDS Tools only syncs three months of calendar items. This can be changed in the settings.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

kevin.fairchild wrote:Is she viewing on lds.org or a smart phone app? I believe the default setting on the android LDS Tools only syncs three months of calendar items. This can be changed in the settings.
As no mention was made in the original post of what device was being used, we tested the lds.org web site.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

techgy wrote:As no mention was made in the original post of what device was being used, we tested the lds.org web site.
And it was posted in the lds.org/calendar section. If they're using something else, then it's a different section.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davidpurser

Post by davidpurser »

I have sent an email to the Auxillary President to see what device was being used and what messages, if any, were displayed when trying to go beyond the 3 months visible. Thanks for the input thus far.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

kevin.fairchild wrote:Is she viewing on lds.org or a smart phone app? I believe the default setting on the android LDS Tools only syncs three months of calendar items. This can be changed in the settings.
The Calendar in iOS also defaults to three months, but can be set to several different lengths of time. If she is using a mobile app, head over to the Mobile Applications > LDS Tools Forum and select a device for more information.
https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=115#

The only other thing I can think of would be if the stake has not entered anything into the Calendar after the first quarter, as aebrown mentioned.
davidpurser

Post by davidpurser »

Thanks very much for your replies.
I have found she was accessing the Calendar on an iphone. When she tried on a laptop - everything was fine!
Have passed on all your suggestions, so that she can change the default settings on her phone.

Return to “Calendar”