New Calendar error

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
svmerrell

New Calendar error

Post by svmerrell »

I am trying to set up a new private ward Calendar for our Primary. I can fill in all the fields but after I hit "save", I get the error message: "Sorry, you must correct the highlighted areas before you can save. The name of the calendar is required to be unique." I have tried to change the name to a variety of different names and get the same error message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Any special characters, such as punctuation in the name?

I do seem to remember running in to a problem where once you had a error, there was no way to "fix" the error. I had to back out and start over.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jarvismk

Re: New Calendar error

Post by jarvismk »

I have run into this same error. Going out and then starting over worked, however it would have been much better to just be able to correct the name... especially after I had added all of the specific people and positions...

Also, the error message is not descriptive to point to the true way to address it. It just states that it must be unique but there is nothing readily available and accessible to let the person know who is setting things up that they should not use special characters, that they will have to back out and start over, etc.

I just think that it would be more used if it was easier on people.

Also, it is a bit of a pain to have to add people one by one to view and/or view/edit... is there not some sort of bulk select that can be built?

Thanks, so much. I love the tool!

Return to “Calendar”