Study Notebooks Suddenly Empty

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
dunnigandf

Study Notebooks Suddenly Empty

Post by dunnigandf »

When I logged in just now, each of my study notebooks was empty! The names were still there but they all showed (0) items and when I checked, there is nothing there.

What happened and how do I get the contents of my study notebooks back into them?
JamesAnderson

Re: Study Notebooks Suddenly Empty

Post by JamesAnderson »

One place I've seen caching errors, and this looks like it could be one of those, is Facebook. Users there regularly reports posts suddenly disappearing.

There though, they usually reappear in a few minutes, sometimes it takes a couple days for them to reappear. While lds.org uses a different system than Facebook does, there could be at least a thing or two similar.
howie021

Post by howie021 »

I too just discovered when I logged in via my desktop browser all of my notebooks I created are empty and everything is moved to "Unassigned Items". I hope there is a fix to this. It will take some time to reassign everything. :(
johndtippetts

Post by johndtippetts »

I too have this same problem. All my study posts have been moved to "unnassigned." This makes the study notebook somewhat useless as I now can't search for all those entries in a specific topic. Is this going to get fixed?
barkeraj
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by barkeraj »

Our initial findings are that this is related to an issue with the Android Gospel Library application. Do all of you use Android (and the app) by chance?
howie021

Post by howie021 »

Yes, I use the Android Gospel Library App on my Kindle Fire.
sarahmayne

Post by sarahmayne »

I use lds.org in english and spanish. My notebooks and journal content dissapeared a few days ago and now my journal appears in spanish. I thought it had to do with whether or not I logged in from the English lds.org or the spanish lds.org. I was able to access my notes and journal content in english with everything there one time logging in from the english lds.org, but now it doesn't matter where I log in from and my journal has no content and is in Spanish. I don't use android just from my laptop pc.
johndtippetts

Post by johndtippetts »

Yes, I use the Android app as well.
julizabeth16

Post by julizabeth16 »

How can I get my notes and journal entries back? I've not been able to access them for almost two weeks.
hannahchristinebeus

Post by hannahchristinebeus »

I have also had all of my personal progress/ study notebook entries disappear. They've been gone for a few months. I contacted the website directly, but I tried their suggestion and it did not work. I haven't been using andriod or the app. Any ideas?

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”