Error in display for Officers Sustained form

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
mfmohlma

Error in display for Officers Sustained form

Post by mfmohlma »

We have ward conference in a couple of weeks and the "prep screen" for the Officers Sustained form does not show any of the Young Women class presidencies, but states that the position is vacant:
Laurel Class Presidency
President: Vacant Calling
First counselor: Vacant Calling
Second counselor: Vacant Calling
Secretary: Vacant Calling

Mia Maid Class Presidency

Beehive Class Presidency
The data is however visible in CDOL and when the "Print" button is clicked, the presidency members show on the resultant form. It just seems to affect the screen where you enter the location and date and number of missionaries for input to the form.

Is anybody else seeing this?
davesudweeks

Re: Error in display for Officers Sustained form

Post by davesudweeks »

We saw this behavior in our ward last night. I am not the clerk any more, but was trying to help the bishop get it ready as the clerk is out of town at a funeral. There didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for which individuals were listed in their callings and which were not.

Newly filled callings, individuals who have been in their calling for over a year, some adults, some youth. We saw all examples on our form. In some cases, the entire presidency was missing, but in most cases 1 or 2 members were missing. For example, the RS President and the RS 2nd Counselor were missing while the RS 1st Counselor and RS Secretary were shown (all are correctly recorded in MLS and have been for some months). About half of the callings in our ward did not show up on the Sustaining form so we had to enter them manually last night.

I suspect it is an unintended bug from some of the MLS 3.5 programming changes.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

davesudweeks wrote:We saw this behavior in our ward last night.
I suspect it is an unintended bug from some of the MLS 3.5 programming changes.
It would be interesting to see if CDOL ("Show all callings") showed the missing callings, since it is the database of record. Maybe you can get the current clerk to check. In my case, they were there and ended up populating the form correctly using the online tool.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mfmohlma wrote:The data is however visible in CDOL
What color is the text in CDOL? If it's orange, then they've been entered as a custom position and that would explain a lot.

Otherwise I'm tempted to say the problem has to do with the linking of class information. Is the problems all in Sunday School classes?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

russellhltn wrote:What color is the text in CDOL?
It was black, so the callings were standard ones.
russellhltn wrote: Otherwise I'm tempted to say the problem has to do with the linking of class information. Is the problems all in Sunday School classes?
It just occurred for the YW class presidencies. The adult YW presidency was fine. As I noted, this only affected the "preview page" (URL: https://www.lds.org/mls/mbr/form/office ... d?lang=eng) and not the eventual printed form that gets generated when using the "Print" button on that page.

Since the YW classes are at the end of that page (and the form) perhaps some parsing in the data for the page got confused.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

FYI, I'm referring to MLS, not the online tools.

For us, the errors were scattered throughout the report. Some youth presidencies were partially missing, some adult presidencies were partially missing. The presidency usually had at least one individual showing. Sometimes only one showing, sometimes only one missing. As I am now the HPGL, I cannot see CDOL and my clerk is not available.

Almost every organization in our ward was affected with at least one adult leader dropped off (except the bishopric). About half of the youth presidencies were affected.

The form in MLS matched the printed page - individuals not showing in the form also did not show when the form was printed. With our Ward Conference this Sunday, the Bishop's stress level jumped up a bit, but we now have it all manually entered and saved at this time so no worries.
rrhintze

YW Class Presidencies not shown on Officers Sustained page

Post by rrhintze »

When viewing all of our stake's wards' online "Officers Sustained"lists (found in the Clerks Resources "Membership" menu), none of the Young Women class presidencies are shown on the screen.

The names appear if we select "Print" and get the PDF.

All the names also appear if we look at the "Callings by Organization" screen.
drepouille

Re: YW Class Presidencies not shown on Officers Sustained pa

Post by drepouille »

I was looking at that last night, and wondered why all the YW presidency positions showed "Vacant". Our stake YW president has been asking me for a list of all unit YW presidencies, and creating a custom report for it in MLS looked too complicated to me.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

[Moderator note: I merged two posts made this morning to a new topic "YW Class Presidencies not shown on Officers Sustained page" into this existing topic that discusses the exact same issue so that we can keep the discussion in one place.]
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

aebrown,

As some of these posts refer to the MLS version and some refer to the lds.org version, are we sure this is the exact same problem? I can't tell as I don't have access to the lds.org version anymore. If they are, that's fine - I was just curious.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”