LDS Gospel Library videos don't play on Windows Phone 8

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for all versions of Windows Phone.
dkmortensen

Re: LDS Gospel Library videos don't play on Windows Phone 8

Postby dkmortensen » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:23 pm

Sorry. I wasn't trying to be mean. I just figured that someone who knows so much about Windows Phone 7/8 architecture would also know that correcting this issue really doesn't require porting the app to WP8, and instead just making a fairly minor alteration to the existing WP7 app.

I do realize that I could and should have been more tactful & left the non-technical out of my post, as well as considered that my assumption about JD's expertise could have been incorrect. I do apologize for that.

And as with the others in this thread (and presumably many unheard voices), I would like to simply see the issue resolved.

How can I help? How can we get access to the code so we can fix it & test it? Who can we actually talk to who has access to submit a corrected version of the app to Microsoft's app store so that WP8 users can use this feature?

Thanks,
-
Doug

jkentner

Postby jkentner » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:24 am

I think if someone can let us know the status of the future of development for Windows Phone 8, that will go a long way. Windows Phone 8 is growing steadily, outside of the US with Nokia phones, and there will more than likely be a very large user base shortly. It is a very good platform, and on WP7 the apps were very good. Some things were actually better than on the Android/IOS versions, yet lacked some very important features found in the other platforms at the same time.

they007

Postby they007 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:25 pm

Just downloaded an update from the marketplace that fixed the video issue by linking to the mp4 video file! Awesome!

Return to “Windows Phone Gospel Library”