Ability to set priority or over ride for events?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
beckymullen

Ability to set priority or over ride for events?

Post by beckymullen »

I'm a new building coordinator, and just beginning the online system for our building.

I've run into quite a few conflicts because several community teams use the gym for basketball practice. I made a separate calendar for them, but now when someone from the ward wants to schedule an event, they get a conflict error and are unable to schedule the building.

Is there any way to set a higher priority for one calendar over another? Or is the only solution for me to go in and delete the team practice every time a church event needs to be scheduled?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Ability to set priority or over ride for events?

Post by russellhltn »

beckymullen wrote:I've run into quite a few conflicts because several community teams use the gym for basketball practice. I made a separate calendar for them, but now when someone from the ward wants to schedule an event, they get a conflict error and are unable to schedule the building.
That is correct.

beckymullen wrote:Is there any way to set a higher priority for one calendar over another?
No.

beckymullen wrote:Or is the only solution for me to go in and delete the team practice every time a church event needs to be scheduled?
That is correct. Presumably you let the team know that they've been bumped.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

I'd recommend that your priesthood leaders review Handbook 2, section 21.2, point 6. Following that policy will eliminate the whole issue of community practices.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

beckymullen wrote:I've run into quite a few conflicts because several community teams use the gym for basketball practice. I made a separate calendar for them, but now when someone from the ward wants to schedule an event, they get a conflict error and are unable to schedule the building.

Is there any way to set a higher priority for one calendar over another? Or is the only solution for me to go in and delete the team practice every time a church event needs to be scheduled?
I would suggest discontinuing this practice, as its on the not approved use list for church buildings.

HB 2, 21.2, Item 6. Holding organized athletic events that are not sponsored by the Church, including practices.

https://www.lds.org/handbook/handbook-2 ... g=eng#21.2

Return to “Calendar”