Uploaded photo is not displayed

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
wertdl
Church Employee
Church Employee

Uploaded photo is not displayed

Post by wertdl »

When I open a household, the photo that is in the system is not displayed. I've attached a screenshot (problem outlined in red). This typically occurs as new members are moved into the ward. Help?
Attachments
Photo is not displayed correctly (outlined in red).
Photo is not displayed correctly (outlined in red).
PhotoMissing.jpg (24.32 KiB) Viewed 1082 times
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Uploaded photo is not displayed

Post by jdlessley »

You did not mention who uploaded the photos. Or more specifically what permissions the person doing the upload has. When an administrator does the uploading the photos should be available for general membership viewing without any further action. All other photos must be approved by an administrator before they will be visible to the general membership. If an adult member of a household uploads a photo for themselves or any other member of the household, every member of that household can see the photo. But the general membership should not be able to see the photo until an administrator approves it.

I have not run into the situation where a household moves into a ward and they had approved photos in their previous ward. I don't know if the photos come with them. If they do, then it is possible an administrator of the new ward must approve them before the photos are viewable by the general membership.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
wertdl
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by wertdl »

I am the ward website administrator (should have specified, sorry).

I haven't uploaded a photo for the individual yet. He just moved into our ward. It looks like a photo is there, but it's not displaying. There are no photos for me to approve. I could upload and associate a new photo to the individual's record, but if one already exists, it would save me the hassle :) This is not the first time I've encountered this problem with new members who have moved into our ward.

I'm also in a YSA ward, so our entire membership is adults - no youth.
wertdl
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by wertdl »

UPDATE: If I upload and associate a new photo to the household, the individual photos from the previous ward display correctly. So, I'm forced to upload and associate a new photo with the household when they move into my ward. Buggy, but it's a workaround.
tomjoht

Post by tomjoht »

wertdl, this seems like an odd issue. I entered it into our bug tracking system for a QA engineer to investigate (LUC-1636). However, if you could specifically outline the exact steps to replicate the issue, it would be helpful.
wertdl
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by wertdl »

I have documented steps taken in LUD-1636. For those who don't have access to JIRA, here they are:

Steps to replicate/solve issue:
1. Log into LDS.org/Directory
2. Open household (under "Households")
3. The photo is not displayed correctly (see attachment). Documented if it was the household photo, individual photo, or both.
4. I opened a household that had no photos at all, and saved the generic household photo image (the one that's displayed when no photo has been uploaded). That way, I have something to upload as a "placeholder".
5. Clicked "Upload Photos"
6. Went through the wizard, and uploaded the generic household image saved in step 4.
7. After clicking "Done" on the wizard, the "Assign Names to Photos" page is displayed. I assigned the photo to the household having the problem.

Because I'm in a YSA ward, our household/individual photos are the same. Therefore, if both photos were not displaying, I assigned the generic photo to the household listing. If only one of the photos was not displaying, I assigned the generic photo to the listing that had no photo at all - either the household or individual.

8. After assigning the photo, as explained above, the photo that was not appearing correctly is now displayed.

Although I mentioned earlier that this typically occurs with members who are new to the unit, there were some members who have been in my unit for 1+ years who had this problem.

Thanks!

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”