2013 Churchwide Events

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
cabrooksby

2013 Churchwide Events

Post by cabrooksby »

What about Churchwide Events for 2013?? Our stake is almost through scheduling things for next year and the letter from SLC was sent to Stake & Ward leaders weeks ago with these on them! So I figured they should have been added to this calendar by now :)
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

We are working with the people in Salt Lake to get more church-wide events on the calendar. Thanks for your patience.
QA Engineer
davidpscoville

2013 Churchwide Events

Post by davidpscoville »

Is there an update on when 2013 Churchwide events will be entered into the calendar? Even if the main events such as General Conference and the First Presidency's Christmas devotional were entered that would be a help in calendar planning. We are in the final stages of our 2013 calendar planning and having these events missing in our calendar is causing many questions and some confusion.
kyleq

Post by kyleq »

I've sent a request to the team that inputs the events on this calendar asking for an update. I'll post any update regarding a timeline for getting these events added.
sbelluni

Post by sbelluni »

I am subscribed to "Churchwide Events" (in the gear and it shows as checked on the left side of the calendar), but I don't see any 2013 items either...other than those we have added.
jed35

Re: 2013 Churchwide Events

Post by jed35 »

Any update on this? I'm still not seeing churchwide events such as General Conference.
failproof

Post by failproof »

I too was recently wondering why there are no 2013 Churchwide events yet. I'd like to presume that it's just something that someone hasn't gotten to yet this year as apposed to it being something that no one with the ability to do so knows it needs to be done. But just in case no one who can do it knows it is needed, how do we tell someone and whom do we tell?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Pure speculation on my part, but I wonder if someone is re-thinking the whole "Church-wide thing". Other then the Second Coming, I don't think there is any event that's experienced by the entire church at the same time. Due to time zone differences, some areas shift General Conference to a time when people will actually be awake.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:Other then the Second Coming, I don't think there is any event that's experienced by the entire church at the same time.
Well, couldn't they at least put that one on a calendar somewhere? [grin]

On a more serious note (although that was a pretty serious one, actually), I would like to see some form of "pushing" events. In other words, the Church would be able to "push" events of general interest to a stake calendar, and the stake would then adjust it as necessary for the specific broadcast or meeting time, for example. (Or delete it if it truly did not apply.)

And the stake would be able to "push" events to individual wards and branches, such as unit conferences, or other visits and activities that only affect a single ward.

Just a thought.
mecronin

Only Churchwide Calendar won't show in 2013

Post by mecronin »

I have been using the calendar for a few years but when I went to view the 2013 calendar I started realizing that not everything was showing up. I checked and it still shows that I am subscribed to all calendars for the Ward and Stake as well as for Churchwide events, as I have always been. On the calendars the Ward and Stake events are appearing but none of the Churchwide events. This becomes obvious when there are no CES broadcasts shown and no General Conferences shown on the calendar. I tried to unsubscribe to the churchwide and resubscribe thinking that might reset it but it would not let me do it. How can this be fixed so I can get Churchwide events back on the calendar? I need this both for myself and for my callings. Any help appreciated!

Return to “Calendar”