Assigning Youth as Instructors

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
ryanscampbell

Assigning Youth as Instructors

Post by ryanscampbell »

We have been excited to start the new Youth curriculum this year. In our meeting together in our teachers quorum we discussed which lessons we wanted to go over for the next three months. The boys asked if they were going to be teaching any of the lessons, and we said that from what we understood, we as adults we would be there every week to teach, but they could teach the lesson too on occasion, if they wanted to.

As we reviewed the lessons with the young men, many of them wanted the opportunity to teach one of the lessons, so I wrote down their names as the assigned instructor for the selected lesson. When I got home and went to the Lesson Schedules tool, I found out that youth cannot be selected as one of the instructors, only adults.

In reviewing the online materials for the new curriculum, "[The youth] should also be given opportunities to teach in Church meetings and activities." https://www.lds.org/youth/learn/guidebo ... y?lang=eng

Is there any way that the Instructors in the Lesson Schedules tool can be enhanced to also include the youth that are anxious to teach lessons as well?

-Ryan C.
ryanscampbell

Re: Assigning Youth as Instructors

Post by ryanscampbell »

Nevermind. I was trying to type in Tony instead of Anthony. It turns out assigning the youth as instructors is already available.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Assigning Youth as Instructors

Post by lajackson »

This was an early request when the new curriculum was announced. Glad to hear it is implemented and working now.

Return to “Lesson Schedules”