One major new feature in this release is an official integration for Oracle App Context population. This feature allows a project to provide User contextual information to a database connection for use by Oracle. For example, this information can be useful for audit log triggers, Oracle VPD, etc. Many projects have developed a custom solution for this in the past. This solution now provides some standard DB Connection Listeners an an optional Oracle package to provide either user specified or LDS Account based contextual information. Our listeners can also easily be extended to provide values from custom data sources. More information can be found in the Reference Documentation.
Another minor new feature is the addition of some custom Java Logging extensions consisting of:
- A Log Formatter that provides more useful information on a single line optimized for App Server logging.
- A ConsoleHandler that correctly logs Errors to System.err and info to System.out. This fix is targeted at improved log viewing during development.
Some other notable changes in this release include:
- Support for Tomcat Encryption in Stack Starter
- Support for v2 Position attribute in both LDSAccount and WAM using the CDOL provided Positions enum
- Updated WAM to LDSAccountDetails header mappings
- WAM Maven plugin now correctly manages classpath resources
- Many fixes and enhancements to the T-Cat Maven Deploy Plugin
- GWT Maven Plugin Upgraded to 2.2.0
- Upgraded Jackson JSON Processor to 1.7.4
- Upgraded Surefire to 2.8
- Upgraded Hibernate to 3.6.2
- Upgraded Antisamy to 1.4.4
- Upgraded CXF to 2.3.3
- Upgraded Atomikos to 3.7
If you have any questions please post in this thread or contact a member of the Stack team.