Messenger

Use this forum to share and discuss ideas that do not fall into a specific audiovisual media type.
srichey

Messenger

Post by srichey »

Is it possible for me, a Senior Full-time Missionary, to access Messenger without first having to use Facebook?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Messenger

Post by russellhltn »

I'm pretty sure that you need at least a Facebook account before you can use Facebook Messenger. That probably includes a minimal profile, but that doesn't require you to post anything.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Re: Messenger

Post by davesudweeks »

If you are using a tablet or phone, you can use the Facebook Messenger app without having the Facebook app installed (I do this on an Android tablet). I use my Facebook account for the Messenger sign-in.

There are other apps for texting and video messaging if that is all you want to do (when I was deployed with the National Guard in 2016 I used Google Hangouts almost exclusively to communicate with family members).

Return to “General Media Discussions”