Download all I'm a Mormon Videos

Use this forum to share and discuss ideas that do not fall into a specific audiovisual media type.
trelliott

Download all I'm a Mormon Videos

Post by trelliott »

Looking to download all of the I'm a Mormon videos for a fair my ward is taking part of this weekend, and I'm hoping I don't have to right click and save every one of the 161 videos individually. Does anybody know where I could find a zip file with all of them (at least up to a certain date)

Much thanks,

Timothy

tim@trelliottentertainment.com
johnshaw

Re: Download all I'm a Mormon Videos

Post by johnshaw »

yeppers you got it, start clicking.

I found that I could maximize by modifying the # of downloads allowed at a time and using IE, Firefox, and Chrome could get nearly 15 at a time downloading.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I did a little looking around online and found a handy extension/add-on called "DownloadThemAll!" for Firefox.

If you have Firefox, you can follow these steps:
1) Open Firefox
2) Go to Tools > Add-ons
3) Search for "DownloadThemAll" and follow the instructions to install. You may need to restart Firefox to finish the installation.
4) Go to this page with all of the "I'm a Mormon" videos: http://www.mormonchannel.org/Im-a-mormon
5) Right-click or option-click in the margin of the page (not on a link or image) and choose "DownloadThemAll! Selection...". You should see a list of everything the page links to, including the videos.
6) Click on the "Description" column header to sort by that column. All of the videos show "360p," "720p," or "1080p" in the Description column. 360p is low quality, smaller files, and 1080p is high quality, bigger files.
7) Select all of the videos you want, then right click on your selection and click on "Check Selected Items."
8) Specify where to save the files.
9) Click "Start!"

I would recommend doing this overnight as it will probably take a while and it will slow down your internet.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

You can do the same for other categories, for example if you wanted to download all of the Mormon Messages.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

It appears the Chrome equivalent is called 'Get Them All' - with similar instructions as above for firefox. many that would've been handy a couple years ago.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

johnshaw wrote:It appears the Chrome equivalent is called 'Get Them All' - with similar instructions as above for firefox. That would've been handy a couple years ago.
Yes, I use Chrome more than Firefox. It will probably also work – I didn't try it – I went for the Firefox version because several of the reviews on the Chrome version talked about how it was a knockoff of the Firefox version and wasn't as reliable. :)
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

sbradshaw wrote:
johnshaw wrote:It will probably also work – I didn't try it – I went for the Firefox version because several of the reviews on the Chrome version talked about how it was a knockoff of the Firefox version and wasn't as reliable. :)
It also asks you to add some garbage-ware that installs an annoying little app that I didn't notice, that suggests alternatives to what it identifies on a page (it can easily be disabled - but was annoying).

Return to “General Media Discussions”